Skip to main content
Topic: April 28 (Read 749 times) previous topic - next topic

April 28

Gents:

Heading into another day-off and I've decided to focus on the Scully and Landis divisions as they played each other today.  In general, it was a good day for the Scully though the one loss was significant enough that the run differential was 28 to 40 in favor of the Landis. 

A giant has fallen!  The Devils, previously unbeaten in 1-run games, finally get taken down by the Miners.  This one was a doozy - after scoreless outings in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th innings, the bats came alive in the 13th.  In the top of the 13th, the Devils put together a hitting clinic - Goldschmidt pop-out, Flores single, Pence single, Goodwin single on error to score Flores, Freese single to score Pence, Wieters sac fly to score Goodwin and finally the Miners got Iglesias to ground out to second to end the inning after scoring 3 runs.  But the Miners took things a bit further going 5 for 5 to score 4 runs - Springer single, Bryant single, Blackmon HR, Cruz single, and Chapman triple to score Cruz for the win.

The ACLs win again and I won't even comment on this game aside from Bieber's performance as I know it's going to make Rod send me a flood of texts.  Shane Bieber with a great start - 9 IP with a K per inning.

While the Cache Hogs are going to miss the sunny Arizona weather, they aren't going to miss playing against the Koi after their three game stretch and the Koi's sweep.  Scherzer was throwing bullets, but was unfortunately all too hittable with 8 hits over 6.2 IP.  Berrios, was similarly on point, but was able to control the hits and able to control the long ball. 

The Bums continue to rise in the standings with their 9-5 win over the Rougarou.  They are now 5-1 in their last 6 games and showing some pop in their bats.  Brandon Lowe was 3-4 on the night with 2 runs and 2 RBIs while David Dahl had two hits with his 1 home run driving home Lowe.  Thought Greinke wasn't great (8 IP with 10 Ks and 9 hits), he got the job down and gave most of the Bums' relievers the night off. 

The Robots haven't had a lot to be happy about this year, but every so often they start Jordan Luplow who gets the old-timers talking.  He's now hitting .391/.462/.609 and though he isn't an everyday player, he and Brandon Dixon do give the Roxbury faithful some hope for the future.  Unfortunately hope wasn't enough against last year's champion Blues as the Blues take the series 6-4 on an interesting start by Kershaw (7 IP, 2 K, and 7 hits), but enough to get this one done.

David
Phoenix Miners