Skip to main content
Topic: May 14 - 15 (Read 649 times) previous topic - next topic

May 14 - 15

We are back in business everyone.  I will continue running games all weekend and we will be getting ahead of the real world date.  Games will be run as follows:

May 15 - I ran games from May 14 and 15
May 16 - Simming May 16 and 17
May 17 - Simming May 18 and 19
May 18 - Simming May 20 and 21
May 19 - Simming May 22 and 23
May 20 - Simming May 24 and 25
May 21 - Simming May 26
May 22 through 24 - Game Inside the Game
After that, I'll try to keep up a similar schedule so that everyone has all weekend to answer GIG questions and submit new MPs.

Onto the games:

May 14:

Domingo German of the Madmen nearly had a complete game against the Devils before being pulled with two outs in the bottom of the ninth with a man on 1st and 2nd and a 3 run lead.  But it was definitely the right decision as Crick got Iglesias to strike out on three straight pitches.  With that win, the Madmen are back up to .500 (though they did lose their next game on May 15).

This was definitely a team effort, but the 5 Rum Runners pitchers who contributed to the 10-K performance were certainly celebrating after they defeated the Rattlers 3-1.  What certainly helped were the 7 walks that the Rattlers gave up - without them, the Rum Runners 3 hits certainly wouldn't have scored as many runs.

May 15:

Though Scherzer knew he didn't have a chance at a perfect game after hitting Realmuto with his fourth pitch of the game, the Cache Hogs knew they were watching something special after Scherzer retired the next 15 Kraken batters including 4 strike outs.  But Scherzer didn't stop there - after giving up a single to Hechavarria  lead off the 6th inning, Scherzer retired the next 11 batters including turning a double play on Hechavarria for the 12th out of which 7 of those were strike-outs.  A dominant performance for the 3-0 win.

Some good news for the Robots who finally win two in a row after a 6-5 victory against the Rougarou and an 8-5 win against the Madmen.  In both wins, the Robots were able to score the go-ahead runs in the top of the ninth including a 5 run onslaught in the second game.

Another two wins for the ACLs as their record climbs to 34-7.  Yawn.
David
Phoenix Miners