Skip to main content
Topic: June 18 - 19 (Read 750 times) previous topic - next topic

June 18 - 19

Rum Runners finally lose on June 19th to the Landlubbers which ended their 12 game streak. ACLs also lost on June 18th (nice job Devils!) so their streak is also over.  At this point the Rougarous hold the longest streak at 5 games, but the two teams right behind him are the biggest surprise.  Both the Rainiers (4 games) and the Cutthroats (3 games) are putting the screws to teams lately. Keep it up guys!

I don't see any spectacular individual performances from these two days though yesterday was a real treat for baseball lovers (so I'm not including Rob Manfred).  Of the ten games that were played, 6 went into extra innings with the home team prevailing in 4 of them.  The most entertaining for my money was the Rattlers/Rainiers game.  The two teams combined for 23 runs on 40 hits and 10 walks with the Rainiers scoring 3 runs in the 13th inning to win it.  Amazingly given how power-centric this league is, the teams combined for only 3 HRs.  This was a small ball game all the way.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: June 18 - 19

Reply #1
Win #13 of the streak proved to be unlucky and elusive. How is Chapman this bad? Someone call David Ross quickly!
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: June 18 - 19

Reply #2
Heck of a run, Brent!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts