Skip to main content
Topic: June 25 - 26 (Read 924 times) previous topic - next topic

June 25 - 26

To catch up, I will plan on running 2 more games again this evening.

Jon Gray with the 9 IP shut-out against the Landlubbers.  Gray's performance was a bit overkill though as the Rougarou batters were also able to score 10 in this one-sided game.  Nate Lowe had a particularly good game - 3 for 4 with 4 RBIs.  What was really interesting was how effective the Rougarou offense was without any home runs.  In fact, they only had two extra base hits among all of their 15 hits.  This was small ball at its very best.

In a really tight game, the Robots and the Kraken battled back and forth all day with each team scoring 10 runs by the 9th inning to send this one into extra innings.  At that point though, the teams relief pitching stepped in and shut things down.  At least until Ryan Braun of the Kraken stepped to the plate as the first batter up in the bottom of the 11th.  After taking the first pitch for a ball, Braun belted one into deep left for the walk-off win.

The Brewers just put everyone in the Scully on notice with their 16-1 drubbing of the Koi.  This game may have been over by the 2nd inning after the Brewers took a 9 run lead, but the Brewers weren't done yet and saved another burst of offense for the 8th inning.  I'm certainly not excited about meeting the Brewers in the playoffs if I make it.

I hate doing this to my friend Rod, but two nights in a row, they've been beaten by the Sweets by one run.  On June 25, the Sweets scored 5 runs in the 8th and 9th innings to come back and wine 10-9 and on June 26, the teams went into the 12th inning before Wilson Ramos of the Sweets hammered the third pitch he saw into left field.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: June 25 - 26

Reply #1
And your miners won on a grand slam in the 10th!  Give yourself a little love, my friend!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: June 25 - 26

Reply #2
And your miners won on a grand slam in the 10th!  Give yourself a little love, my friend!

David is staying humble.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)