Skip to main content
Topic: June 27 - 28 (Read 735 times) previous topic - next topic

June 27 - 28

In the post for June 25 - 26, Kyle commented on how I didn't mention my Miners 10th inning grand slam for the win.  Brent seemed to think it was because I am humble.  WRONG!  Because with my 4-2 win over the ACLs, I can say I am the only team in the league with a winning record over the ACLs.  Granted, we've only played one game and they'll probably clobber me in games 2 and 3, but still...  The game was pretty even honestly.  Jose Quintana and Co. kept the mighty ACLs offense to only 7 hits and a pair of walks.  The ACLs only gave up one more hit and one more walk, but the Miners were able to capitalize where the ACLs were not and when it counted with a 2 run Carlos Correa home run in the bottom of the ninth to walk it off.

Zack Greinke of the Bums had a great night on the road against the Rainiers.  9 IP, 9 K, and only 3 hits for the complete game shut-out.  The Bums offense was also pretty effective in racking up 12 hits and 7 walks for 7 runs.  Right now the Bums are tied with the Sweets for the second wild card spot in the Frick with the Bums holding a sizeable head to head matchup for home field in the wild card game.

The Blues beat the Cache Hogs on a walk-off bottom of the tenth walk of Will Smith and his fearsome .147 batting average.  Seriously Buck Farmer?  Just throw the ball down the middle.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: June 27 - 28

Reply #1
I’m tired of the Brewers only losing when I lose!
Coy
Rolla Sweets