Skip to main content
Topic: Draft recap: (Read 2172 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Draft recap:

Reply #15
Draft slots (in general): I think draft slots work well. I can't think of a better option.

Draft slots for the 1st round (and/or reducing the time frames): I think these worked well as we did them.

Draft slots on the weekends: I'm not a fan of drafting on weekends but I know that's just me. I sit at a desk all week long and keep hitting refresh wondering why everyone doesn't have the same access that I do. But my weekends (outside of tax season) are often filled with non-computer time which makes it difficult for me. But I realize it's not all about me. If we have weekend slots, that's fine. I just hope we don't shorten the time for these slots on the assumption that we are all more available.

Should we even be drafting over the weekend: See above.

The flip side, maybe we should only draft on the weekend: See above

Could we do a live draft over zoom instead? In theory this might be fine for the 1st round but that's about it. In practice, I don't see how it works with all of us spread across the country. A live draft that starts on a weekday at 7 pm on the west coast is almost bed time on the east coast.

Is there is drafting software that could be adapted to our minor league system? I have no idea.

Could we figure out a way to do automated email reminders? I found it very helpful when David was sending out reminders in front of me. I was able to just reply to all. Sorry if I missed sending reminders to you Jason. It's easier for me to do that from my computer than from my phone. I tried to do remember to note if I wasn't able to.

Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Re: Draft recap:

Reply #16
What about doing just the first round or two via zoom?

Doing the first round or two via Zoom would be interesting. I think teams might have the research ready on that portion of the draft more easily, since we won't be having to hunt down who's the 26th best prospect in the Rays' system or something like that. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League