Skip to main content
Topic: New in DMB v12 (Read 756 times) previous topic - next topic

New in DMB v12

I see they now give us 7 lineup slots for SPs. All I need now is 7 SPs! I can see that assigning 7 starters in this way would work differently than the current method of using more than 5, which would be assigning some extra SPs to do a percentage of spot starts for the top 5 SPs.
Also, there is now a "Double Switch" checkbox in the Manager Profile. Not sure how much use that will be for us.
bob h - Robots

Re: New in DMB v12

Reply #1
Interesting! I haven't had much chance to mess around yet. Looking forward to it.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
Interesting!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
Let’s keep this thread going as we find new stuff in v12
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
There are also options to use some of the "experimental" MLB rules - i.e., starting extra innings with a runner on second; RPs have to face at least 3 hitters; seven-inning double-headers.

Reply #5
V12 has an option to convert DBs from earlier versions to V12.  I tried it and it seems to have worked; DMB 12 told me "Conversion Successful", and it looks OK; haven't tested it yet, but my roster is up to date with the latest transactions.
bob h - Robots

Reply #6

What's new and different

Previous Next

This page summarizes the most significant additions and changes inversion 12.  We strongly recommend that you take a little time toreview this page and follow the links to the topics that provide you withmore details about the new and improved features.

League Rules and Options

Three-batter minimum. The option to enforce MLB's newrule that requires pitchers to either face a minimum of three batters inan appearance or pitch to the end of a half-inning, with exceptions forinjuries and ejections. This option can be enabled/disabled in the Rules/optionsfor your League/Org in the game's Organizer window.

7-inning games. Support for scheduled games ofdifferent lengths (5 to 9 innings) to accommodate the 7-inningdouble-header rule adopted in by MLB in 2020 and that is also used inminor league games. This change includes the necessary adjustments to thecomputer manager to recognize late-inning situations based on thescheduled number of innings.

Runner-on-second for extra innings. In tied games,every half-inning after the final scheduled inning will begin with arunner on second base. This option can be enabled/disabled for theregular-season and the postseason separately in the Rules/options for yourLeague/Org in the game's Organizer window.

No-pitch intentional walk. The option to allowintentional walks to be granted without the pitcher throwing fourballs. This option can be enabled/disabled in the Rules/options foryour League/Org in the game's Organizer window.

Restrictions on batters pitching. Position playersare unable to pitch except in extra innings or when their team is ahead ortrailing by more than six runs. This option can be enabled/disabledin the Rules/options for your League/Org in the game's Organizer window.

Adjustable Injured List Duration. The minimum duration(in days) that should be used when an injured player is placed on theInjured List can be adjusted. Separate values may be entered for battersand pitchers.

Collisions at Home Plate. Option to restrict the numberof collision plays at home plate in support of MLB rule 6.01(i) thatgoverns "Interference, Obstruction, and Catcher Collisions".

Rostersand Manager Profiles

AllowPitchers to Bat Other than Ninth. For saved lineups where thedesignated hitter (DH) is not in use, the pitcher's spot in the lineup isrepresented by the PITCHERplaceholder text and can be moved to any position in the batting order.

Expanded PitchingRoles. The number of slots for pitching roles has been expanded. Youcan now set a rotation with three, four, five, six or seven pitchers. Youcan also assign up to seven pitchers in each of the relief roles.

Expanded DepthCharts and Saved Lineups. The number of saved lineups has beenincreased from six to eight. You can also now assign up to seven utilityplayers at all positions in the depth chart.

Manager/PlayerTendencies. New double switch tendency that influences how often thecomputer manager will prefer a double switch to a simple pitching change.

Miscellaneous

Option to Resetpostseason rosters to simplify preparing active rosterswhen the postseason begins.

Real-lifetransactions and lineups will be turned off if allplayers are released or if a new schedule is assigned to a league/org.

More reportcustomization options. The maximumnumber of columns in customized reports has been increased from 24 to 32.

Updated historical info. The master era andplayer files have been updated to include seasons up to 2020.

HistoricalBallpark Database. Diamond Mind's complete historicalballpark database, previously sold separately, is now included with thegame (updated through the 2020 season).

Openers.A pitcher with no starting rating who is used as a starter will tire thesame as if they are making a regular relief appearance. In other words, aplayer with a relief rating of Poor  will tire morequickly than a player with a relief rating of Excellent.

Many enhancements to the computer manager, especiallythose related to the computer's use of the bullpen in the later innings.

Updates and corrections to the play-by-play library insupport of the new league rules and options.

Various fixes for a number of frequently reported issues.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #7
I knew the links wouldn't work copying from the help files but it also looks like I lost some formatting. But you should be able to follow along :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs