Skip to main content
Topic: Opening Day - Rod (Read 1075 times) previous topic - next topic

Opening Day - Rod

Opening Day featured 4 matchups with each division represented, and there were some interesting results. Typically I do a Highlight of the Night (HotN) where I recap something interesting that caught my attention, but since it's Opening Day I'll do a quick recap of each four.

G1 - Kraken 11, Rum Runners 0
The early game gave us our first shutout of the season as Roark spun a 2-hitter over 7 frames. But the real story was the Kraken offense which amassed 19 hits, lead by Cabrera who went 5-5 and Upton who had 2 HR.

G2 - Dogs 2, Asterisks 1 (12 innings)
The next game gave us out first extra inning affair as the Inigo rivals squared off. Kershaw and Lester each allowed only 1 run through 7 innings before turning it over to the bullpen. Neither side threatened much from there until Turner hit a walkoff HR in the 12th.

G3 - Nomads 15, Rattlers 2
This game featured the defending champs showing why they will be a force to be reckoned with again. The Nomads hit 5 HR as a team, including 2 by Stanton.

G4 - Cache Hogs 4, Cutthroats 1
The nightcap featured 2 teams who are quickly becoming rivals (if they aren't already) in the Barbosa. Scherzer and the bullpen allowed only 3 Cutty hits. The Cache Hogs only had 6 hits themselves, but 3 of them went for HR which was the difference in the game.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats