Skip to main content
Topic: April 15-17 (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

April 15-17

April 15th

~ Three shutouts today: Arizona blanks phoenix 3-0 behind Chris Bassitt and two relievers; Pittsburgh shuts out Rolla 2-0 behind Robbie Ray and two relievers; And the Pitching Performance of the Day goes to Ann Arbor's Jose Urquidy who throws a complete game, 6 K, 5 hit shutout at Brooklyn.

~ Max Scherzer leads Santa Ana as they double up Chicago, 6-3, with seven strong innings.  Frank Schwindel triples and hits two home runs to pace the offense.

~ Scurvy sends ace Gerrit Cole to the mound and the offense racks up 21 hits to score 11 runs.  Mother Lode yawns and says, "Hold my Weekend Beer Company Kiss My Boots IPA"...

April 16th

~ SEVEN in a row for the Winds.  Corbin Burnes is a little rocky, allowing four earned in 5.1 innings, but the bullpen shuts the door on Chicago and the Santa Ana offense bails him out with three late runs to finish off the Runners, 7-4.

~ Three shutouts again today: Motor City shuts out Ankeny, 5-0; Alex Cobb's seven strong innings takes Moonstruck to a 5-0 win over Great Auk; And the Pitching Performance of the Day goes to the Phoenix pitching staff.  Led by Aaron Nola, the Miners staff gives up just two hits and strikes out 12 Arizona hitters.  An Adam Frazier third inning sac fly accounts for the only run in Phoenix' 1-0 win.

April 17th

~ SIX wins in a row have set Bako atop the Frick Conference with a league best 9-4 record.  The offense produces five doubles, a triple and four home runs on the way to a 9-4 victory over Moonstruck.

~ Motor City bangs out five home runs, two by Anthony Santander, on their way to a 12-4 win over Brooklyn.

And that brings us to the end of the first round of games.  At this point we will take a short 2-3 day break as Kyle tallies the GiG Round 1 scores and formalizes the questions for Round 2.  At the end of each round I will also upload the updated database for everyone to download if they wish.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009