Skip to main content
Topic: May 29th (Read 603 times) previous topic - next topic

May 29th

Game Highlights

The final game of this GiG cycle sees the the start of some very interesting interconference series':

~ Two of the hottest teams in the league get together in Phoenix where the Miners welcome Ankeny to town.  Game one features Aaron Nola facing off against Julio Urias, and the two star pitchers live up to billing.  Urias' only rough spot is the third inning, when he plunks the leadoff hitter, walks Carlos Correa with two outs and then serves up a three run home run to Tyler O'Neill.  Nola completes seven strong innings with no rough spots though, and the Miners lengthen their win streak to SIX GAMES while ending the ACL's short win streak with a 3-1 win.

~ Ann Arbor (32-19, 2nd in the KML) rolls into Moonstruck (30-21, 2nd in the Frick) for three games.  The Landlubbers take an early 1-0 lead in the first and lengthen the lead with two more runs in the sixth.  Moonstruck comes right back and on a two run homer from Max Muncy in the bottom of the inning, tie the game up at three.  In the bottom of the eighth, Blues second baseman Marcus Semien cracks a solo shot to put Moonstruck on top.  Andrew Chafin finishes off the 4-3 win, recording his 14th save with a scoreless ninth.

~ The Dogs host the Rattlers in Scurvy (wherever the heck that is...).  Scurvy has not played up to expectations . . . yet . . . but are still a +18 run differential which should place the Dogs about four games above .500 instead of one game below.  On the flip side of that, the Rattlers, thanks to a highly potent offense, are sitting 13 games above .500 despite having just a +8 run differential.  Baseball is a funny thing...  After exchanging a pair of runs each in the first inning of game one, the Dogs run out to a 9-2 lead on the backs of Jared Wash and Shohei Ohtani.  Windy City makes it interesting with a four run eighth inning rally, but the Dogs prevail 10-6.

~ The top two teams in the league meet in Bako as Santa Ana enters town on their latest win streak.  The Winds send Corbin Burnes to face the Bums Marcus Stroman.  Stroman keeps the Bums close, pitching into the seventh, but Burnes is flat out dominant.  The Winds ace throws a complete game shutout, allowing just four hits while he strikes out 14 Bums hitters.  Santa Ana keeps rolling with their SEVENTH STRAIGHT win, collecting a 3-0 victory.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: May 29th

Reply #1
Scurvy (contrary to its name) is a place of general well-being and happiness. Everything is sunshine and roses.

Basically the exact opposite of Bako and please forgive me, Moonstruck. That just sounds horrible.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Whenever I see the name Moonstruck, I think of an old Cher movie.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #3
16 years ago, Jessica and I and our 4 kids rolled into Tucson and the name of our street was Moonstruck Way. We lived in that house for 14 years until my mom needed 24/7 care, and we moved to a bigger place (in Tucson), on a street called Daybright, LOL. For the past two seasons, I've strongly considered changing the Blues location part of the name.

I am not a fan of Cher.

Clearly, it's time.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
Scurvy (contrary to its name) is a place of general well-being and happiness. Everything is sunshine and roses.

Basically the exact opposite of Bako and please forgive me, Moonstruck. That just sounds horrible.
Bako, yes, I'll give you that. But dude, Scurvy... sounds and probably smells like a mangy coyote.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #5
Bako, yes, I'll give you that. But dude, Scurvy... sounds and probably smells like a mangy coyote.
HEY!!! Bako is a beautif . . .

Yeah, I can’t even get the sentence out… 😒
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009