Skip to main content
Topic: June 28-30 (Read 388 times) previous topic - next topic

June 28-30

Well - you can't say that the guys running the games is cheating...
The Bums don't miss a beat without Brendt behind the computer sweeping the Madmen, and in G2 they treated them like the stole something from them winning 22-3. Ready for this? Bogaerts, Votto, Alonso, and Reyes had a combined box score line of 19-12-14-17.  5 HR's. Not going to lose many games when you hit like that. The wins give the Bums a 9 game winning streak and they pace the Frick at the All-Star Break with a 55-26 record and have a (gulp) 7 game lead over the Blues and Miners. My Dogs would be the other playoff team at this point but they are 13 games back.

Speaking of the Dogs, the Winds treated them like puppies with a 3-game sweep of their own. G2 was tied 1-1 heading into the 9th inning but Tatis hit his 19th HR for the game winner. The Winds have a 9 game win streak as well and lead the KML with a 59-22 record. Ann Arbor is a distant 11 games back while Chicago and Windy City are 12 games back and would be the playoff teams if the season ended today. 2-time defending champs ACL's are lurking around in 6th place but only 4 games out of the playoffs.

My intention for the recaps was to just to provide a 'state of the union' regarding the standings as we head into the break. However, I'd probably get fired if I didn't at least mention the no-no that Kikuchi threw for the Landlubbers on 6/30. His line for the night was all zeros other than a 2nd inning BB. He finished the night with 11 K's including 2 in the 9th as the Landlubbers beat the Brew Crew 8-0.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs