Skip to main content
Topic: 4/9/17 Landlubbers @ Asterisks (Read 886 times) previous topic - next topic

4/9/17 Landlubbers @ Asterisks

Finally a little action in a baseball game to write about. To be honest every now and then I enjoy a pitcher's duel, but I also like to see the boys hit em deep from the Cheap Seats. Landlubbers are featured again, but to take nothing away from Asterisks as they struck first in the bottom of the first. A hit batter in Zobrist, two ground balls and a homerun scores two. Not quite the bloop and blast scenario, but it worked. In the second Landlubbers struck back with the benefit of two more Kang errors. I feel he might be moved to DH soon. Another error in the 3rd by, and you guessed it Kang. Fast forward to the 9th, Jansen on for the save for Landlubbers who after striking out the first two batters in Zobrist and Aoki surrenders a baserunner in Segura and of course he reaches on an error. Kang is due up as the winning run. Hero or Goat? A liner to his counter-part Rendon ends the game in a 6-5 winner for the visiting team. Asterisks continues a rough start to the season with a lone victory.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)