Skip to main content
Topic: Draft Talk (Read 529 times) previous topic - next topic

Draft Talk

Maybe the CO could pin this, too? I thought it'd be fun to discuss picks.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Draft Talk

Reply #1
Man, there's a couple young players our 65/25 rule really blows on. Edward Cabrera first comes to mind, but there are others. Bummer these guys' MSB futures will be limited to 3-year contracts.

Which gives me an idea: Anyone wanna discuss 4-year free-agent contracts, with eligible players being those not eligible for our draft?
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
New owner weighing in.  The three year free agent max contract does seem short.   One third of the player's stats are already in the books so to speak with just two future years of stats speculate on.    Four year free agency increases those future unknown years of stats by 50%      Part of this is the beast of playing a simulation league.  Each new year in the spring we drive forward looking backwards for that upcoming season.    A four year free agency makes the ratio 1:4 not 1:3    Just my $0.02 on this  
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #3
I like longer deals in general but I will say it was nice to rebuild this team in two years while it takes a lot longer in my league where we can sign 1-6 years.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #4
New owner weighing in.  The three year free agent max contract does seem short.   One third of the player's stats are already in the books so to speak with just two future years of stats speculate on.    Four year free agency increases those future unknown years of stats by 50%      Part of this is the beast of playing a simulation league.  Each new year in the spring we drive forward looking backwards for that upcoming season.    A four year free agency makes the ratio 1:4 not 1:3    Just my $0.02 on this  

Bob,

We will add this to our points for discussion next off-season.
David
Phoenix Miners