Skip to main content
Topic: Let the Annual Roster Purge Begin (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

Let the Annual Roster Purge Begin

With another brutal season playing out, it's time for what's becoming an annual roster dump.

Pick up a backup catcher in Manny Pina who plays great defense and rakes vs. lefties.

Ryan Zimmerman is a lefty masher as well and cheap.

Whit Merrifield offers decent bat with speed and great D at 2b. He can also give you AB's in the corner OF.

JD Davis doesn't have the AB's for the regular season, but could be a nice bat for the playoffs with a .877 OPS and VG power vs. righties.

Christian Arroyo is a cheap lefty masher who can play 2b,ss and 1b.

Brandon Nimmo plays a nice cf and lf, has some good pop vs righties and gets on base vs lefties. I'd typically not move a player who has another year of arbitration, but I have a bunch of outfielders to promote so he's expendable.

Ian Happ is in the same boat as Nimmo with another year of Arbitration. He might have more value during the offseason but he hits righties fairly well this year and can play 2b, 3b and the OF.

Mitch Haniger might be a nice add to your lineup for the stretch run. Plays RF well and kills lefties with decent numbers vs righties.

Nelson Cruz is mostly a DH but has EX power all the way through and is especially destructive vs lefties. 

Spencer Turnbull would be a nice add for the playoffs. Low IP but a 2.88 ERA would give you a nice start in the playoffs.

Jose Suarez is a nice back end or bullpen guy who's pretty under rated. I like keeping him for the HTD.

Kwang-Hyun Kim left MLB so you'd eat a year in 2023 but he does give you a good and flexible SP/RP who could backfill your roster.

Raisel Iglesias gives you a stud closer.

Plus if your pen needs some upgrading... Brett Martin, Casey Sadler, Louis Head, Jesse Chavez, Lucas Sims might give you a lift.

What am I looking for? I have so many injuries for my 2023 roster, I'm probably more interested in future assets than getting built up for 23, but I'm pretty open to any and all offers within reason so shoot me an offer.

Email or text is preferred to messages on the board. Hi me up at thebulandATgmail.com and we can move to text if you prefer.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts