Skip to main content
Topic: Breaking News - Kang drives to Data City (sponsered by Intoxalock) (Read 1251 times) previous topic - next topic

Breaking News - Kang drives to Data City (sponsered by Intoxalock)

It sure looks like the surprise trade winds have continued to bluster.  After the blockbuster Machado deal was announced rumblings that Jung Ho Kang may be on the move began to fly.  Now League Sources confirm a deal has in fact been consummated.  Kang will move on from the Arizona Asterisks to take over the third base role with the Data City Cache Hogs.  In return young catching prospect Jorge Alfaro will head to Arizona.  Kang’s self-inflicted murky future, a result of his many issues with DUI’s, likely hastened the move for the Asterisks.  Along with his 3 error adventure in the field and lineout with the tying run on base contributing to a key early loss to the rival Landlubbers on April 9th, the writing was on the wall. And the Cache Hogs were more than willing to add a player that offered different skill set than the “all or nothing hitting profile” making up most of the lineup, according the Cache Hogs GM Chris Longo.

GM Longo was quick to add this statement, “We are also aware of Kang’s off field issues.  People make mistakes, and while his are fairly excessive, we have spoken with the player, his agent, and feel that he is ready to turn things around.  We realize that some fans may be put off by such a move, but we hope they see it as we do – a commitment to winning.”

For Asterisks GM Kyle Coffin the trade came down to numbers.  "I needed to move someone off the 40-man (after the Machado deal)," General Manger Kyle Coffin explained, "and Kang was going to bring back a decent minor leaguer.  I hope he (Alfaro) sticks at catcher and is decent defensively.  The young man appears to handle the bat well enough, so we'll see how this turns out."

According to sources within the Alfaro camp, GM Kyle Coffin spoke briefly via Skype with the Jorge, who is jazzed to be moving to the desert, as his virtual family all reside in Tuscon, including his extremely hot girlfriend.  His assumed 2017 mid-season call up with the "Tucson" Phillies now carries the added motivation to play well in front of his family. Kyle was overheard whispering, "Welcome to the champs, Jorge".

We'll just have to see about that bold prediction for GM Coffin.  Stay tuned for a feature on what many in the Mutiny Blogosphere have referred to has the Monday Monster Machado Meal.  Okay, Deal.  This reporter just could not come up with a synonym for trade starting with 'M'.
If something exciting happens around the Mutinysphere, expect to read it first at the Bird Call! - Prospects, Rumors, Reports, and Features - Contact Editor in Chief - Bul Matthewson (thebuland@gmail.com) with any further info or questions.  Rumormongering encouraged.

Re: Breaking News - Kang drives to Data City (sponsered by Intoxalock)

Reply #1
Fantastic write-up
:)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
I am really tempted to Google "Jorge Alfaro Girlfriend", but I will resist.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #3
I'd bet his girlfriend was the source. 
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #4
We never like to reveal our sources at the Weekly Bird Call.  But... confirmed!
If something exciting happens around the Mutinysphere, expect to read it first at the Bird Call! - Prospects, Rumors, Reports, and Features - Contact Editor in Chief - Bul Matthewson (thebuland@gmail.com) with any further info or questions.  Rumormongering encouraged.