Skip to main content
Topic: Round 11 (Read 726 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 11

Hello Boys! Happy Trade Deadline GIG Round, as you have until August 31 (in DMB games - just 3 more) to make any last-minute moves.

Also, this round will be 13 games, but Round 12 will be our last regular season round, and it'll be 14 games. Just 27 games left - let's get to it!

1) The battle for 2nd place in the Frick has totally heated up. The Blues sit 13 games back of the sure-thing Bums, while the Miners and Dogs are 14 and 15 back respectively. QUESTION: Which team will be in 2nd place (ties count) at the end of Round 11?
Blues (2 pts)
Miners (3 pts)
Dogs (4 pts)

2) Things are really interesting - perhaps even more so - in the KML. The Winds have it in cruise control, 19 games up on the second place Landlubbers. But 5, 7, and 8 games behind the Landlubbers sit THREE teams. Four teams (including the Landlubbers) vying for 3 spots. QUESTION: Nail the order in which the 4 teams behind the Winds finish up Round 11. You get 1 point for correctly picking the each team in their place. For example, if the teams finish exactly as they stand, and you predict the existing order as the finishing order, you'll get 1 point for each of the 4 teams (4 pts total). But if you decide the Rum Runners are gonna pass the Hammers, and they don't, you get nothing for the Rum Runners and Hammers slots, but you get 1 for the LL and 1 for the Rattlers, a total of 2 points. Ties will count.
Example prediction:
- Landlubbers
- Garden Hammers
- Rum Runners
- Rattlers

3) The Kraken (0-9) are the only team not to have won an extra inning game. QUESTION: Will Brooklyn win an extra inning game in Round 11? Yes = 5 points. No = 1 point.

4) Good grief, man, Max Scherzer hasn't lost yet, with 18 wins through 27 starts. The dude gets amazing run support by the massively talented Winds offense (5.7 runs pg). But that doesn't take anything away, since Max is the only qualified undefeated starter in MSB. The risk in this question is kinda interesting... Mike Loar (owner of the Winds) doesn't play GIG, so he's likely not gonna see this. I mention that because Scherzer is at 103% of his playing time. That means he gets just one more start IF Mike sees it and plays by the rules. There's a chance he lets Scherzer extend past his next start, meaning he'll be in dangerous territory, playing like a 0 WAR player, and in danger of losing. But Mike may pull him... So let's have a little Vegas fun... QUESTION: Will Scherzer lose a start in Round 11? Yes = 5 points. No = 1 point.

5) All season long, The Rattlers' Vlad Jr has been the hands-on favorite for the 2022 MSB Triple Crown. However, teammate Tim Anderson has been creeping up on him in BA (.335 for Vlad, .328 for TA), and Matt Olson has passed him once again (a back-and-forth battle all year long) in RBIs, 115 to 113. Vlad sits comfortably leading the league in homers with 49 over second-place Renfroe. None of the 3 are in danger of playing time limits.  QUESTION: Will Vlad be on top in all 3 categories at the end of Round 11 (ties count)? Yes = 3 points. No = 2 points.

6) We've got 3 great crunch time matchups happening September 2-4 to have fun with. I'll handicap the points (# in parenthesis) based on current records. QUESTION: Predict the series winners:
A) Blues (1) @ Dogs (2)
B) Rattlers (3) @ Rum Runners (1)
C) Bums (1) @ Miners (4)

Good luck!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: Round 11

Reply #1
1) Blues, of course!
2) - Landlubbers
- Garden Hammers
- Rum Runners
- Rattlers
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) No
6a) Blues
b) Rattlers
c) Miners

Reply #2

1.   Miners
2.   Landlubers, Garden Hammers, Rum Runners, Rattlers
3.   No
4.   Yes
5.   Yes
6.   Blues, Rum Runners, Miners
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
1.   Blues
2.   Landlubbers, Rum Runners, Garden Hammers, Rattlers
3.   Yes
4.   Yes
5.   Yes
6.   Dogs, Rum Runners, Miners
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #4
Robots predict:
1 - Miners
2 - Landlubbers, Rum Runners, Hammers, Rattlers
3 - YES
4 - YES
5 -NO
6 - Dogs, Rattlers, Miners

Reply #5
1) Dogs

2)
- Landlubbers
- Rum Runners
- Garden Hammers
- Rattlers

3) Yes = 5 points

4) Yes = 5 points

5) Yes = 3 points.

6) We've got 3 great crunch time matchups happening September 2-4 to have fun with. I'll handicap the points (# in parenthesis) based on current records. QUESTION: Predict the series winners:
A) Dogs (2)
B) Rum Runners (1)
C) Miners (4)

Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #6
Hello    Can I get 2 more days on this    Just got off 2 week cruise in the Med    In Venice now   

bob     auk
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #7
1 Blues
2 Lubbers, Runners, Hammers, Rattlers
3 Y
4 Y
5 Y
6 Blues, Runners, Miners
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #8
Hello    Can I get 2 more days on this    Just got off 2 week cruise in the Med    In Venice now   

bob     auk
I think your request has been granted! Guessing Brendt will run games tonight, so please get them in ASAP.

Reply #9
1.   Blues
2.   Landlubbers, Rum Runners, Rattlers, Garden Hammers,
3.   No
4.   Yes
5.   No
6.   Dogs, Rattlers, Bums
Coy
Rolla Sweets

Reply #10
1) Miners
2)   Land Lubbers, Garden Hammers, Rum Runners and then Rattlers
3) Yes
4)  Yes
5) No
6 Dogs, Rum Runners and Miners   

Thanks for the extra time.    bob    auk
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #11
1) Dogs. Like a draft pick who is passed over, I will remember anyone who doesn't vote for me. Be warned...

2) Landlubbers, Rum Runners, Rattlers, HGH

3) I generally like to go for points on questions like these, but on this one the risk is much bigger than the reward. I'll pick the boring answer and say NO

4) @Kyle - I love this question. In my opinion maybe the best one you've ever done. So many variables here.
NO. But I don't feel good about it.

5) Toss up. Gonna say NO

6A) Dogs!
6B) Rattlers
6C) Miners. I honestly believe it will be Bums, but I need to roll the dice for points!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #12
1)
Dogs

2)
- Landlubbers
- Rum Runners
- Garden Hammers
- Rattlers

3) No

4)  No

5)  No

6)
A) Dogs
B) Rum Runners
C) Bums
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #13
GiG closed.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #14
Answers:
1) Miners (3)
2) Landlubbers, Rattlers, Hammers, Rum Runners (and here come the ACLs!)
3) Yes, The Kraken won an extra inning game! (5)
4) No, Scherzer is 20-0! (1)
5) Yes, and Vlad Jr hit 10 bombs in Round 11! (3)
6) Dogs (2), Rattlers (3), Miners (4) (all the underdogs won!)