Skip to main content
Topic: Sept 24 (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

Sept 24

Let's start with the Frick:
The only race still to be decided was between the Miners and Dogs for the 2-seed and HFA for the 1st round of the playoffs. David and I considered playing them H2H, but we both agreed to save that for the playoffs. Unless we were tied headed into G159 and then we would hop on and do that one H2H as well.

No need. The Miners took games 1 and 2 and with no drama remaining I simmed out our G159 as well and sure enough, the Miners won that one too. Very glad these games technically don't count. Well they do, but not like the next series.

And with that the Frick playoff field is set. Blues at Bums, Dogs (looking for some revenge) at Miners

KML:
Santa Anna is just minding their own business at 118-39. Ditto the Landlubbers at 95-62. They are just waiting to see who they will play - Rattlers, Rum Runners, HGH, Rougarou, or ACL's

Kraken upset the Rattlers 5-4 in 10 innings. Rattlers score 3 in the top of the 9th to send it to extra innings, but a crazy sequence in the bottom of the 10th wins it for the Kraken. Walk, Sac bunt, intentional walk to setup the DP, K sets the stage for Gregorius. Gregorius doesn't do anything but except earn another walk. The problem for the Rattlers is that ball 4 was also a WP which allowed Severino to score from 2nd. Yes 2nd. Must have been a hell of a wild pitch. And it's not like he would have been running as the count was 3-1. And Severino is a catcher, with PR grades for Running, Stealing, and Jump. I can't fathom the chain of events that had to happen to allow him to score from 2nd on a wild pitch. Would have loved to seen it.

Rum Runners beat the ACL's 9-2. Eliminates the 2-time defending champs, they gave it everything they had to get back into this these past couple weeks but the Ankeny squad comes up a little short.
@profjason - congrats on a hell of a run these past couple years.

Winds don't take it easy on the Hammers, winning 8-1.

Rougarou keep a faint hope of the playoffs alive with a 4-3 win over the Madmen.

Standings:
Best odds = Rattlers and Rum Runners tied at 82-75
Still fighting (but have the hardest road playing the Winds) = Hammers at 81-76
Still alive but praying for a miracle = Rougarou at 80-77
Rod
Scurvy Dogs