Skip to main content
Topic: R1 - Dogs vs Miners (Read 970 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 - Dogs vs Miners

Reply #15
The first league I was in (the defunct World League) the commish would play the playoff games live over a web broadcast or a few owners would head over to his place and submit the line-ups and watch the games play out.   We didn't manage the games rather just watched the ticker play out.   Yes I agree.   After a close series win the walk around the block or a belt of Jimmy Beam was needed to restore the blood pressure.  

Feel bad for Rod as losing ain't fun.   Still congrats to the two of you and other playoff teams for making it that far.    I'll hope to hoist the Mutiny Trophy in 1-2 years with my Great Auk.      
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #16
The first league I was in (the defunct World League) the commish would play the playoff games live over a web broadcast or a few owners would head over to his place and submit the line-ups and watch the games play out.   We didn't manage the games rather just watched the ticker play out.   Yes I agree.   After a close series win the walk around the block or a belt of Jimmy Beam was needed to restore the blood pressure.  

Feel bad for Rod as losing ain't fun.   Still congrats to the two of you and other playoff teams for making it that far.    I'll hope to hoist the Mutiny Trophy in 1-2 years with my Great Auk.      
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Reply #17
G6:

Cole vs McClanahan

Not going to lie. This one hurts.
After the top of the 3rd the Dogs had a 6-2 lead with the most expensive (I think?) pitcher in MSB history on the mound. 21 outs away from advancing. The Miners chipped away and Cole wasn't awesome even though he loaded up the strikeouts again (10 in 5.2 innings) but the Dogs eventually took a 6-4 lead into the bottom of the 9th. Enter Timmy Tumpet himself, Edwin Diaz. 3 outs is all we need.

groundout - that's one down, two more
double - ouch, but nothing hurt
RBI single - it's ok, still have a 1-run lead
fly out - see, no problem. one out away
double puts tying and winning run in scoring position
Grisham with a walkoff single

Miners win 7-6
Oh. My. Sweet. Jesus. That's crushing, especially already knowing the outcome of Game 7.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #18
I mean @Kyle it's not a walk-off granny, but it hurts just as bad...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #19
Oh. My. Sweet. Jesus. That's crushing, especially already knowing the outcome of Game 7.

The only caveat is that Rod had already gotten his own walk off win.  Switch those two and the outcome of the 7 game series is the same albeit with less spontaneous celebrating at home.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #20
I like the idea of playing H2H but think I'd be second guessing my decisions. It's easier to just get mad at the simulator's decisions than to accept the blame myself. :)
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #21
I like the idea of playing H2H but think I'd be second guessing my decisions. It's easier to just get mad at the simulator's decisions than to accept the blame myself. :)

I wish we all had time to "mandate" a certain number of regular season series' to be played H2H, and that we actually mandated playoffs be played H2H. I know it ain't gonna happen. But #1, it's fun as heck. #2, it gives you experience. #3, we'd build our teams a bit differently if we knew we had that much more control over the outcome of games. And the fear of making errors would be gone with the experience. I agree its easier to blame the program, but I think I'd rather blame myself, with how frustrating DMB can be in tight games.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #22
Everything you just said = Yes! I agree completely.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs