Skip to main content
Topic: 2022 Cy Young (Read 397 times) previous topic - next topic

2022 Cy Young

I think it says a lot about how strong these 6 guys are that you have guys with a sub 3.00 ERA (Webb, Berrios) or 20+ wins (Musgrove, Buehler) and others that couldn't even make the cut.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: 2022 Cy Young

Reply #1
Reliever of the Year - Josh Hader

(FYI: the vote for Hader was not me. No matter how dominant a reliever is in todays game, they are not more valuable than a dominant starter.)
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #2
I'm glad you have a Rolaids Award, cuz unlike Brendt, I'm not opposed to voting for a once-in-a-decade-or-so reliever who absolutely dominates the way Hader did - especially if there isn't a clear cut dominant starter.

That said, Scherzer killed it. Please don't be offended if you voted for any other pitcher, but good grief... how can one look at the numbers above and not vote for Max? Dude kept the ball in the yard, pitched the most innings, had a flat 2 ERA, 20 wins against just 2 losses that came very late in the season when the games didn't even matter (for the Winds)? Rod, you're a good Commish for including other names, but this should be a shut out.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
Reliever of the Year - Josh Hader

(FYI: the vote for Hader was not me. No matter how dominant a reliever is in todays game, they are not more valuable than a dominant starter.)

I agree. I just wanted to include him in the voting since he had such a historic season. But it should be more of an honorable mention given the quality SP nominees.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
I'm glad you have a Rolaids Award, cuz unlike Brendt, I'm not opposed to voting for a once-in-a-decade-or-so reliever who absolutely dominates the way Hader did - especially if there isn't a clear cut dominant starter.

That said, Scherzer killed it. Please don't be offended if you voted for any other pitcher, but good grief... how can one look at the numbers above and not vote for Max? Dude kept the ball in the yard, pitched the most innings, had a flat 2 ERA, 20 wins against just 2 losses that came very late in the season when the games didn't even matter (for the Winds)? Rod, you're a good Commish for including other names, but this should be a shut out.

I could probably have shortened the list. But I think there are a couple guys who at least have arguments. Unlike ANY batter even making an argument against Vlad for MVP.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs