Skip to main content
Topic: 4/22/17 Bulldogs @ Rum Runners (Read 1169 times) previous topic - next topic

4/22/17 Bulldogs @ Rum Runners

A placeholder. The link appears to have an issue as it isn't displaying. I'm being lazy and choosing not to download the database and view that way. Being at work during lunch is also a limitation.

Barbuda Bulldogs 4/22/17
Brooklyn Kraken 4/23/17
Chicago Rum Runners 4/24/17
Scurvy Dogs 4/25/17
Ankeny ACL's 4/26/17
Ann Arbor Landlubbers 4/27/17
Arizona Asterisks 4/28/17
AZ Koi 4/29/17
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: 4/22/17 Bulldogs @ Rum Runners

Reply #1
Sorry all, I don't understand why the FTP isn't always working. I'm looking into the logs to see if anything jumps out. I just uploaded everything again and they are all there now.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
I won't say these two teams are rivals, but early in the season something could be building between two new owners to the league. Bulldogs and Rum Runners are in a few leagues together, sim and fantasy and I believe they are SEC Rivals, Missouri Tigers  and maybe I'll add some fuel to the fire and get the wrong team, but I believe to be Ole Miss Rebels. Did you see the score tonight? That guy, Bartlett, he's not the normal Friday starter. Beiser pulled some stuff with the weather a factor and he didn't even get Houck warmed up for the game.

Back to baseball..... The Bulldogs struck early off of Keuchel. How many teams have a catcher lead off? Is this intentional or an accident? Small ball plated two runs in the first, but that was enough. Keuchel retired seven straight as his team got the bats warmed up against The Shark. Trumbo made his team/league leading 9th HR count as it was the game winner.

Samardzijia took the loss, but the bullpen was clean for the Bulldogs and matched by the Rum Runners. A walk was worked around, but Chapman struck out the side and lowered his ERA to a flashy 0.00 for his 3rd save of the season.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #3
I'm game for a rivalry, but it is certainly not Ole Miss but Mississippi State that I'm an alum and fan of.

We are quirky enough to bat a catcher lead-off, it all depends on the OBP.
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)