Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: Landlubbers Arbitration

Reply #1
Not offering on Olson, Polanco, or Martin
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #2
It has been pointed out to me that I may not understand  arbitration at all and that may be why I think it is to high.
Last year's "current rosters" showed Olson as being 6M and Jorge Polanco as 4.5M. They had fwar's of 3.1 and 1.8 respectively which would add 2M to Olson and 1M to Polanco putting them at 8M and 5.5M respectively. I don't want to pay 8M for a WAR of 3!

However, the current "current roster" shows both guys at 2.5M. Am I only adding to that number? If so where does the 2.5M come from.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #3
Oh no, that 2.5M is the base from ARB1 and the ARB increases are not cumulative are they? I totally didn't get that, oops.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #4
Craig,

I figured out the issue.  Olson should be an ARB2 contract at $5mn and Polanco should be an ARB2 contract at $4.5mn: http://www.mutinybaseball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2901.msg17788#msg17788  Yesterday when I was going through the 2022 arbitration contracts to confirm that each player was properly entered, I couldn't find the thread promoting them to their second year of arbitration and I edited their numbers in the spreadsheet to their ARB1 numbers.  I should have edited them back to the ARB2 numbers when I was done, but forgot.  So that is my fault.

In any case, your original numbers are sort of correct.  Olson should be $7mn next year and Polanco should be $5.5mn.  Please let me know what you'd like to do with them.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
Oh, so I did have it right! That was a big waste of time and stress, haha!! All good, although Olson was 6M ARB2 so would be 8M this year.
But it doesn't matter now, I'm letting them both go to FA as originally planned.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #6
Thanks Craig.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #7
Olson and Polanco released to FA in database.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009