Skip to main content
Topic: The best part of FA (Read 403 times) previous topic - next topic

The best part of FA

The best part of FA may be the battle between the very sane and clean quarter million raisers and the rebel .3M increasers. I don't know why this is a thing but I battle on the side of the 250k team. Anyone want to point out what I am missing and try to convert me?
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: The best part of FA

Reply #1
The best part of FA may be the battle between the very sane and clean quarter million raisers and the rebel .3M increasers. I don't know why this is a thing but I battle on the side of the 250k team. Anyone want to point out what I am missing and try to convert me?
Haha! I think some believe there is a psychology to it. Others might have strict budgets they hold to, and making a .3 raise fits that better. Personally, I like less decimal points. I hate that my overall budget currently has 3 decimals. I might make a 3-decimal bid in round 6 for the sole purpose of just cleaning that up.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
In another league of mine I make an end of FA bid to clean up the decimal points past 2. In that league we control every year of contract so I can clean up one year without hurting another.

In these league though I don't think your plan is allowed.
"bids must be in increments of 10K meaning bids of 250K, 510K, 4.01M and so on are valid while
bids such as 255K, 505K, 4.005 are not"
So your limited to 2 decimal points .... which of course is not the case when you do HTD which is where it all goes to hell. 
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #3
Dang. Shoot, I think I wrote that rule.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
Go team 250K.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts