Skip to main content
Topic: Peloton Anyone? (Read 751 times) previous topic - next topic

Peloton Anyone?

I have been riding road bikes for about 5-6 years.  I've always loved riding, but just really got into it in my late 40's.  This past Christmas I purchased a Peloton to give myself an option when I can't get out on my road bike or when the weather doesn't allow.  (Bakersfield can get REALLY cold...)

I am absolutely loving it!

Rod's been urging me to get a Peloton for a few years now and now that I finally did, we discuss my lagging behi . . . . uhhh, well that's another story...  We have a good time encouraging each other, being accountable to one another, and even took a live class together from 1,500 miles apart the other day.  We're planning future 'rides' together as well.

If there is anyone else in the Mutiny who has a Peloton bike, let us know.  We'd love to add followers and maybe hook up for rides from time to time.

My username is Brendtmc.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: Peloton Anyone?

Reply #1
I got my Peloton Dec 21 and  I rode 2500 miles my first year! Which is crazy…

It’s going to be tough for me to exceed that this year as I hurt my knee so I had to take a little time off. But it was a blast “riding” with Brendt the other night. Hope to do it again soon. If anyone else has one let us know. It’s fun to share rides, motivation, encouragement, high-fives, etc.

TeamHeet
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
As Rod knows, I have a budget Peloton which was fine for me UNTIL I rode a Peloton in December.  Now I want one.  Plan is to replace in the next 2-3 months.  I'll let you know when we do.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
I guess it’s just the CO team on this one…

Big thanks to Brendt for pushing me on the 75 min power zone ride we took together last Sat evening!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
Likewise, Lance Armstrong…
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #5
Are we saying Rod is on the juice?
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #6
That would explain my second half surges every year!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #7
It also explains the back acne, baldness and rapid mood swings.

Beating up on Peloton Brendt and looking "swole" ain't worth it, buddy.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #8
Depends on your perspective!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #9
The chicks do dig the long ball, so I guess that's a fair point.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #10
I guess it’s just the CO team on this one…

Big thanks to Brendt for pushing me on the 75 min power zone ride we took together last Sat evening!
For me, I'm not a big fan of inside-the-house exercise. And I love company. So I run 3 times a week with my wife, and in December I began taking up racquetball twice a week with my 3 sons. We've got a rec center right in the center of all our houses for $2 a pop. It's a blast and great exercise. At 56, I'm still able to keep up with my late-twenties boys, which - I'm not gonna lie - is kinda cool. I know the day is coming when I won't be able to, but I'm doing my best to put that off into my 80's, LOL.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #11
@Kyle - racquetball is a great sport!
I played fairly competitively on the state-level (insert South Dakota joke) up until the pandemic. Great cardio, and like you said, is a sport old-guys can play with the youth. It’s all about knowing angles, etc.

Maybe one day we can share a court!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #12
My racquetball claim to fame.

Several years ago I played in a pro-am. My partner was Jose Reyes (not that Jose Reyes) who at the time was ranked #5 in the world. We were playing against Rocky Carlson who was ranked #2.

I faulted on my first serve. Yikes.
I broke a string on my second serve. Ouch.

It’s possible I was overswinging :)

But guess who came back and hit the game winning shot? This guy…

We lost in the next round to the #10 ranked player, but I’ll always have that winner…
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #13
I just learned that Sioux Falls, SD is a hotbed for racquetball. 
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #14
Heck yeah.
Longest running racquetball tournament in North America is held right here in Sioux Falls.

All the pros come from all over the world. Mexico, Brazil, etc. “Regular” tournament players come from as far as Virginia. It’s awesome.

https://www.keloland.com/news/local-news/pro-racquetball-makes-long-awaited-return-to-sioux-falls/amp/
Rod
Scurvy Dogs