Skip to main content
Topic: What has been your best LATE-round MSB selection to date? (Read 190 times) previous topic - next topic

What has been your best LATE-round MSB selection to date?

I don't know about all ya'll, but I keep my own spreadsheet and compare it against David's occasionally. My spreadsheet's purpose is to go deeper into my own guys. I link each player to their BR splits page, for example. Have my own notes on them. Link a few articles from scouts on my top minors. Stuff like that.

I also jot down when I drafted them. The year and the position.

Now, shout out to Jason Palmateer, because - are you sitting down? - He will forever be the owner of "Best Draft Decision" in Mutiny Simulation Baseball history, without a doubt. The man drafted Mookie Betts - I forget what year - as the VERY LAST PLAYER TAKEN IN THE DRAFT. Something crazy, like round 15.  I kid you not.

So I thought it'd be fun to look back on my guys, but also on YOUR guys - the un-hyped players - who had little fanfare, but busted it up their real-life team's minor league systems and not only made it to the show, but stood out. All Stars. Or major contributors to their teams.

Some examples:
- The River City Cutthroats drafted Luis Arraez with the 15.14 pick in 2017.
- The Data City Cache Hogs drafted Zac Gallen with the 14.13 pick in 2017.
- The Scuvy Dogs drafted Shane Bieber with the 8.6 pick in 2017.

So help me out. Take us back further, even. And I'd say any pick after the 4th round can be mentioned.

My Most Proud Picks:
- Dodgers catcher Will Smith, 2017 11th rounder.
- Tony Gonsolin, 2018, MSB pick #9.16
- Kyle Hendricks, 2014, very last pick in the MSB draft, 13th round
- Randy Arozarena, 2018, pick #9.1.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion