Skip to main content
Topic: You get what you pay for (Read 1002 times) previous topic - next topic

You get what you pay for

When you write, or is it right or is it rite. I think it's going to be write as my 8th grade English teacher would say. Just because you spell the word correctly, doesn't mean you chose the correct one and meaning. As I was saying, when you write for a free publication such as Press Clippings, you get out of it what you put in. The past few weeks, I've been getting nothing. Float trip followed by Spring Turkey season (I ended my drought, didn't get one in 2016, so a short drought), softball for me as an adult, boys baseball, t-ball, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and we are trying to sell our house. That is a big trying, we have a steep driveway and it is appearing that people are picky. Needless to say, writing a short blubage that might take less than 20 minutes is still low on the priority list. A few of the above busy things are winding down, so I think I'll be able to make a little more time. This is something that I have enjoyed doing. It helps me look into the games past the box score a little bit more.

If it all comes back to me getting my pay doubled, I'm all for that. Wait, 8th grade Math taught me that anything times zero. Well it's still freaking zero!

I'll continue my rotation of teams, maybe aim to get two to three in per week. That would be an improvement over zero, kind of like that raise.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: You get what you pay for

Reply #1
I promise to take your request for a pay raise to double your current salary to management.  I can't promise anything, but I think they've been feeling generous lately with the way the stock market has been going.
David
Phoenix Miners