Skip to main content
Topic: Best Mutiny League names (Read 434 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Mutiny League names

More than I was just sick of looking at Nate Eaton's prospects I figure to give my completely unbiased opinions of what are the best names (and some weighting to the logos) of the 20 Mutiny League teams.   I am biased against what I see in some leagues; where the fantasy teams HAVE to have the same names as the real MLB teams.   Dumb.   The fantasy GMs have to clarify if they are referring to the real Detroit Tigers or the fantasy league's Detroit Tigers.  So any team with a real location that overlaps with a real team location is just bad in my book.   Breaking tradition and not having ANY location tagged with your fantasy team name are bonus points in my very detailed statistical rating of our league's team names.        

Honorable mention to the only KMLC teams on this list.   Brooklyn Kraken and the Roxbury Robots.    The new Seattle hockey team obviously borrowed their name from Brooklyn.   I just love the Robot's logo.   Something from a bad 1960s science fiction TV show.  Awesome.   Best logo in the league. 

Second runner up:  The Great Auk    I like my team name.  Birds are used in real MLB.  Cardinals, Orioles, Bluejays.   Why not an extinct flightless waterfowl of the North Atlantic.  

First runner up:  Mother Lode Argonauts.    No location, just attitude.   A mother lode of it.   Throw in a reference to Greek mythology.   Just out of the park.

Winner of the best name:   Scurvy Dogs.    Again no location just a way of life on the high seas and a pirating they will go.    Great logo as well.    
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Re: Best Mutiny League names

Reply #1
Nothing more to add here. Fully endorse and approve of this content!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Last place:
Whatever Kyle’s team name is this year. And if you don’t like the current one, have no fear, it probably won’t be the same next year! Having said that, I do miss the Asterisks. That was good and gave me simple pleasure of just typing an * in the thread name during free agency versus the whole team name.

I want to add to the Argonauts discussion. Not sure why, but I enjoy shortening it to Argos. Great movie by the way even though it’s only very loosely based on real life!

Honorable mention:
Cagey Bee, Orange County Devils, Hawaiian Garden Hammers. Always fun with the pneumonics :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
Bob, this is gold. Love everything about it, except you pumping up Rod's mother lode head. But hey, we should probably let him win *something* while he's in MSB, since championships have eluded the Dogs thus far.

Bwahhahahhhaaaa!

Agreed on Shane's names, by the way. All of them.

My top pick, tho, is the Brooklyn Kraken. It just exudes coolness and goes perfectly with the theme of the league.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
Thanks Kyle. I like mine the best too but I'm biased. Honestly there are a lot of great names and cool logos in this league.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #5
But hey, we should probably let him win *something* while he's in MSB, since championships have eluded the Dogs thus far.

Bwahhahahhhaaaa!

In the history of mankind, never has there been more of a need for a dislike button!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6
Nothing more to add here. Fully endorse and approve of this content!
I just threw up a little in my mouth...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #7
I am partial to my Bako Bums, of course.  Harkening back to Dem Bums of Brooklyn lore and my favorite team, the Dodgers.  And I can't remember who made it, but I have always absolutely LOVED my logo with the old Brooklyn Bum.

Grants Pass Brewers - keep it in the family.  Love the reference to Little Bro's passion (and career), and . . . seriously . . . who can't love the logo with a batter 'calling his shot' with a beer and holding a beer stirrer thingymabob as a bat!  (No I have no idea what that thingy is called...)

Those are my favorite logos.

As for names:
~ Have to agree, Brooklyn Kraken is just perfect.

~ Hawaiian Garden Hammers for the alliteration, and the reference to HGH is just too spot on.  All Shane needs is to hire Jose Canseco as Manager, Mark McGwire as Hitting Coach, and Andy Pettitte as Pitching Coach.  Barroid Bonds could be the mascot . . . he wouldn't even need to wear a head piece!  (Not sure he head would FIT inside one...)

~ Scur . . . . . Scu . . . . . Scurv . . . . Sc . . . . . . nope . . . can't even write it...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #8
~ Scur . . . . . Scu . . . . . Scurv . . . . Sc . . . . . . nope . . . can't even write it...

You’re so close Brenda. I know spelling is hard, but you can do it! S-C-U-R-V-Y

My advice would be to write it on the chalkboard (or whatever they use in schools now) 1000 times. Practice makes perfect!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs