Skip to main content
Topic: OPENING DAY! (Read 249 times) previous topic - next topic

OPENING DAY!

Sorry gents, tonight got a little away from me so recaps will be shorter per game.
However, since it is opening day I'm going to highlight something from each game!

Garden Hammers 6-3 over ACL's:
Death by paper cuts as HGH scores in 5 of their 8 innings at the plate while hitting 4 HR. Total team effort.

Thunder 5-1 over Argos:
Too early for playoff implications? Yeah, probably. Anyway, this was 1-1 heading into the bottom of the 7th when AC/DC (get it? Thunderstruck) came over the loudspeakers instead of 'Take me out to the ballgame' and the Thunder pick up the win.

Rougarou 6-0 over Tubemen:
Verlander, Wantz, Stephen = 2 hits and 3 walks allowed in the shutout.

Miners 10-8 over Sweets (in 10, the only extra inning game):
Sweets tie it in the bottom of the 9th on B2B solo HR's with two outs. But the (dumb) extra inning rules put Pujols on 2nd, Hoskins was given a free base (good lord I hate these rules, I'd rather call the game a tie during the regular season), followed by another walk, and then a single scored two. Hold on while I puke.

Kraken 7-3 over Robots:
Robots lead 3-1 before 3-run 7th and 8th innings turned the game around for the Kraken.

Dogs 2-0 over Bums:
Yawn, not a lot of offense as the teams combined for 10 hits.
Cole and the Diaz brothers with a 5-hit shutout, striking out 15.

Sea Wolves 2-1 over Rattlers:
Judge hit a HR (I hear he might be pretty good this year).
Trout goes 0-4 with 4 strikeouts, but gets credit for the GWRBI. How you ask? He got a bases loaded walk in the 7th.

Landlubbers 6-1 over Madmen:
Defending champs start off the season in style with a 5-run 8th that included a pinch-hit HR by Jansen and then later a grand slam by Riley.

Anglerfish 6-2 over Auk:
Jimenez with a 5-2-2-3 line that included a triple and a HR.

Brewers 3-0 over Koi:
FA paying off! Darvish with the win, Altuve with a 3-1-2-1 line that included a walk and a HR.

Fun fact, road teams went 7-3 tonight. It's opening night, you're supposed to make the home crowds happy! Only Hawaiian, Tucson, and Scurvy knew that I guess.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: OPENING DAY!

Reply #1
"AC/DC (get it? Thunderstruck)"

I get it! Moonstruck... Thunderstuck... heh heh
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
Regarding the "put a runner on 2B" rule... I'm with you! I could accept putting a runner at 2B after the 11th if the score is still tied.

In DMB, since they've adopted the rule now, they should allow a way for us managers to manage an extra innings "pinch runner box" of some sort in the depth chart tab. Give us an option to select certain slow players we'd rather not be put at 2B, along with a box next to it with a player (if available off the bench) we'd rather put in.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
I’m not a “traditionalist”. I support the use of the DH in all leagues, love the pace of play changes, etc.

But the extra innings rule just makes me want to hurl.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs