Skip to main content
Topic: June 12 (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic

June 12

Game Highlights

Rod has been sent on sabbatical . . . to Bako, to learn what winning teams look like.

ACL's 7, Koi 1
Willson Contreras homers twice and Michael Kopech completes seven shutout innings in his season debut.

Thunder 4, Madmen 3 (11 innings)
1-1 into the eighth when Motor City takes a 2-1 lead.  Thunder send the game into extras on Randy Arozarena's ninth inning lead off homer.  Both teams score in the tenth before Arozarena wins the game for Tucson in the 11th with a walk off single.

Auk 4, Tubemen 3 (10 innings)
3-3 into the bottom of the tenth where Great walks it off (literally) without a hit.  Ghost runner on second, IBB to open the inning, back to back strikeouts, hit batsman loads the bases, Ozzie Albies watches four straight out of the zone and walks to force in the winning run.

Hammers 3, Miners 2 (11 innings)
Paul Goldschmidt plates Trea Turner in the top of the 11th for the winning margin.

Sweets 3, Kraken 2 (10 innings)
Sweets walk off on Travis d'Arnaud's single off hard luck loser, Chris Martin.  The Kraken closer is obviously no stranger to the phenomenon this season as he sports a 2.70 ERA yet suffers his seventh loss of the season.

Landlubbers 6, Argos 5 (10 innings)
Both teams enter the game tied atop their respective conferences.  The win gives Ann Arbor sole possession of first in the KML while Mother Lode concedes first in the Frick.

Robots 5, Dogs 2
Evidently Rod needs more time in Bako...

Bums 7, Rattlers 2
See, Rod, that's how it's done.

Brewers 9, Wolves 0
Grants Pass pitching throws a five hit shutout and Sal Perez homers and drives in five runs.

Anglerfish 3, Rougarou 0
San Diego pitching - five hit shutout, 13 K's.  Anglerfish offense scraps together three runs on just five hits to secure the victory.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: June 12

Reply #1
Brendt and Rod, I know I speak for the whole league when I say this - you guys rock. I dig these highlights. Thanks for putting in the time.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion