Skip to main content
Topic: ACLs and a White Flag (Read 340 times) previous topic - next topic

ACLs and a White Flag

After back-to-back championships, the ACLs have come upon some challenging times. I had hoped this season would turn it around for the ACLs. And while the Landis has been a pit of teams trying to make the playoffs and stay above 500 simultaneously, the ACLs have not been able to distinguish themselves from this group to put themselves into a playoff spot. Given this, the management of the ACLs is willing to explore trades to better the team for the 2024 season. And here's what the ACLs would have to offer anytime that wants to go for it this season. The ACLs are looking at minor leaguers and 2024 draft picks.

Willson Contreras, C ($5.50M, so a bit more expensive, but if you need catching, he'll be handy)
Yandy Diaz, 3B ($1M, so this won't break your budget, and he'll give you an OBA of around 400 with plenty of playing time left)
Carlos Santana, DH/1B ($2.25M, might be an improvement for some teams at DH, especially against LHP)

Shane Bieber, SP ($4.50M, can be offered arbitration, is at 66% playing time)
Drew Rasmussen, SP ($1.25M, this is cheap for a starter and has only used 31% of his playing time, so that you can ride him out)
Jeffrey Springs, SP ($0.25M, so if you can't afford him, you have problems, and he has only used 5% of his playing time (yes, feel free to criticize ACL management and how we tried to play with our player's time limits)
Julio Urias ($7M, so more expensive, but plenty of time left)

If you have any ideas, let me know, as I might still go for it, but this team doesn't haven't me feeling confident about what they will do over the remaining portion of the season.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Re: ACLs and a White Flag

Reply #1
I'm the newest owner and used to seeing league wide emails on trade offers.  i really don't like to have to go through every team's own hotstove messages.....but that said, I just noticed your post.  my tubemen have interest in yandy, pls email me markgerson@caldwellcountyschools.com

Reply #2
I'm the newest owner and used to seeing league wide emails on trade offers.  i really don't like to have to go through every team's own hotstove messages.....but that said, I just noticed your post.  my tubemen have interest in yandy, pls email me markgerson@caldwellcountyschools.com
We've found a lot of guys don't necessarily appreciate emails when the league has a forum such as this. Everything about MSB you could ever wish to know is just a click away thanks to David and the CO.

That said, we've come to find out this forum isn't sending alert emails to everyone who wants them anymore. We're trying to address that. That way, you (Mark) could select the option to receive an email from the hot stove forum any time someone posts something on their personal page.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #3
kyle,
yeah that would be good if I can get a notification if someone posts in the hot stove league.  usually it's not like a million emails going out league wide about guys offered in trade.  hard to understand some guys would complain about it since it's just at the trade deadline, and a bit after the season.

Reply #4
kyle,
yeah that would be good if I can get a notification if someone posts in the hot stove league.  usually it's not like a million emails going out league wide about guys offered in trade.  hard to understand some guys would complain about it since it's just at the trade deadline, and a bit after the season.
Maybe "complain" isn't the best choice of words, but just that keeping most league-wide communications on one website  is just cleaner. But I do understand what you're saying.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #5
I'm probably the odd duck who prefers email. I get notifications when I get an email but don't always see messages on the message board.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #6
kyle,

Mark,

One other reason (that Kyle somewhat touched upon) is that including things on here preserve the history of the league.  Owners consistently comment about how interesting it is that we can track draft picks for years in the past, trade talk from years in the past, etc...

That being said, I intend to use the off-season to re-create and update the forums.  We are using an old version of ElkArte that I've found very difficult to update as well as being stuck in http (rather than https).  Hopefully that will give us more options for notifications in the future.
David
Phoenix Miners