Skip to main content
Topic: Future Consideration Trades (Read 198 times) previous topic - next topic

Future Consideration Trades

Hello

Are trades that involve "A Player to Be Named Later" allowed ?    Or just a trade for future considerations and then in the next "fiscal year" so to speak the same two teams make another trade that satisfies the terms of their initial deal.     
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Re: Future Consideration Trades

Reply #1
Interesting question. Just bumping it up so a CO can respond. By the way the current rules are constructed, I don't think this is allowed. But the idea is worthy of discussion at least.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #2
Seems like there could be some cap manipulation in doing this. Just my two cents.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #3
Example:
I a non-competing team this year trades a good player to team - B for a token minimal salary player this year.    Next year after minor league roster moves and such we make another trade in that team -B trades the hot prospect to me for a nominal draft pick swap in his favor, say a 9th for a 10th round.    Something of tangible value exchanged teams in both trades.    I would be at the mercy of Team B that they would honor our overall trade agreement to make the second part of our bargain happen.   As long as I am willing  to accept that risk why not.    OK within the parameters of the league ???.   
Bob Miller
The Great Auk