Skip to main content
Topic: Cutthroats and Madmen end negotiations  (Read 1584 times) previous topic - next topic

Cutthroats and Madmen end negotiations

Cutthroats send Orlando Arica (milb) and their 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft to the Madmen in exchange for Anthony Rizzo (2018/$2m).  Rizzos contract to be prorated for the remainder of the 2017.

Thanks Brian

Quick and edit due to auto correct
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Re: Cutthroats and Madmen end negotiations

Reply #1
Confirm
Brian
Motor City Madmen

Reply #2
Works for salary cap and roster purposes.  Approved.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
Based on on Excel Roster Files I don't believe Rizzo is a 2018 contract.  It shows him extended in 1/15 and that he goes from a 2016 contract to a 2017 contract. 

From 1/5/15
Anthony Rizzo   (2016)   First baseman    $250,000    Promoted 12/12

From 1/16/15
Anthony Rizzo   (2017)   First baseman    $2,000,000    Promoted 12/12, extention 01/15

Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #4
Based on on Excel Roster Files I don't believe Rizzo is a 2018 contract.  It shows him extended in 1/15 and that he goes from a 2016 contract to a 2017 contract. 

From 1/5/15
Anthony Rizzo   (2016)   First baseman    $250,000    Promoted 12/12

From 1/16/15
Anthony Rizzo   (2017)   First baseman    $2,000,000    Promoted 12/12, extention 01/15

Good catch Matt.  I have Rizzo on the rosters as being a 2017 contract.  Please let us know what you guys want to do with this trade.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #5
I am in agreement Rizzo was always 2017 is which I was trading him. I will wait for Cuttthroats to re-confirm.
Brian
Motor City Madmen

Reply #6
I am assuming that was just a typo in the trade post and processed the trade in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #7
For clarification, this wasn't a typo but an error on my part.  For whatever reason (as communications with Rod and Matt reflect) I was purposefully looking for a 2018 position player and in my notes of potential targets included Rizzo.  Since this is entirely my error, I will honor the trade but want to note the error as prior trades can be used to guage current market.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats