Skip to main content
Topic: New tool for seeing historical Franchise stats (Read 269 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool for seeing historical Franchise stats

Hi all,
I finally created the tool I hinted to making over a year ago. The idea is that you can see who the record holders of your franchise are. You can play with the application here:
https://fantasystats.shinyapps.io/Mutiny_Stats/

The home page has some information on how to use. I have more I want to do (mainly, add pitching), but it's pretty cool in its current state and I need a break (after all the data cleaning and organization and boring stuff that takes hours).

Let me know if anything doesn't make sense. I have expansion plans but still listening to suggestions of what you would like to see.

Also, I could see this making it into some GIG questions, like, Austin Riley is 4 HRs from becoming Landlubbers all time HR hitter, will he do it this month. (He's further away than that but still). 
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: New tool for seeing historical Franchise stats

Reply #1
This
Is
Cool

Very impressed. It took me down memory lane...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
After looking at this, I feel like I should rename my team to the Ankeny Mookies. I also love the fact that Kevin Cash has one of the top batting averages for the ACLs (with very, very limited ABs).
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #3
How cool is this??????? Thank you, Craig!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
Love it!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #5
So, I've been sick all weekend. Lots of time to daydream about random things. And I thought of an idea that would take WAY too much work the more I think about it, but it has everything to do with Craig's franchise stats tool.

The idea: An "All Franchise" All Star team, submitted by any and all owners who wish to participate, and have playoffs (3-game sets? seeding?) leading to an exhibition World Series. The work it would take is probably beyond DMB's capability unless they have a way for us to enter a guy's 2001 stats along with another guy's 2018 stats, and so on. But how cool would that be?  Going through and picking your best roster at every position from any season, your best 4-man rotation, bullpen, even bench guys... And the seeding of course would have to be based on the all-time winningest record, which... of course... would begin with me.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #6
Nice Craig. The fact that Andrew Benintendi is a leader in many of my stat categories might explain my lack of success.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #7
So, I've been sick all weekend. Lots of time to daydream about random things. And I thought of an idea that would take WAY too much work the more I think about it, but it has everything to do with Craig's franchise stats tool.

The idea: An "All Franchise" All Star team, submitted by any and all owners who wish to participate, and have playoffs (3-game sets? seeding?) leading to an exhibition World Series. The work it would take is probably beyond DMB's capability unless they have a way for us to enter a guy's 2001 stats along with another guy's 2018 stats, and so on. But how cool would that be?  Going through and picking your best roster at every position from any season, your best 4-man rotation, bullpen, even bench guys... And the seeding of course would have to be based on the all-time winningest record, which... of course... would begin with me.

I think there is a way to import players from earlier seasons into the existing database. Great idea, but this might be a lot of work.

Could be very fun though!
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #8
Yes, you can import players from other seasons but it would be infinitely tedious to do so with a long list.

ORGANIZER - PLAYERS - IMPORT
Mike
Santa Ana Sea Wolves

An analog soul in a digital world