Skip to main content
Topic: Bums/Sweets Kick off the trade season (Read 284 times) previous topic - next topic

Bums/Sweets Kick off the trade season

Walla Walla sends reliever Devin Williams ('24/$5.5M) to Bako for SS Jorge Mateo ('25/Rookie), reliever Mark Melancon ('24/$2.5M), OF Franmil Reyes ('24/$2.25M), and the Bums 2024 3rd Round selection in the Minor League draft.

Nice dealing with you Butch.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Re: Bums/Sweets Kick off the trade season

Reply #1
Sweets confirm.

Butch
Walla Walla

Reply #2
CO confirms.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
Williams - “Honey, I have some news. I was just traded.”

Mrs Williams - “oh that’s too bad. I know you wanted to remain a Sweet and the kids and I really liked Walla Walla too. Good school system. But please know that we love you and we’re here to support you.”

Williams - “Thanks, that means a lot”

Mrs Williams - “So where are we moving to? Hopefully somewhere pretty awesome like Scurvy”

Williams - “Well, at least it’s not Tucson”

Mrs Williams - “That’s a relief”

Williams - “We’re moving to Bako”

Mrs Williams - “I’m filing for a divorce”

Williams - “I’m sorry baby, it’s not like I choose to go there, I was traded! Plus it’s only for one year. Then I’m a free agent again and we can go anywhere we want. You choose”

Mrs Williams - “new phone. who dis?”
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
Haha!!! Hey, if you've never been to Tucson, you need to visit. Not so much in June, but anytime between mid-October and mid-April. We put up with above 90 dry heat 4 months out of the year, but otherwise this place is awesome. The monsoons are legendary. The "bowl" we live in between the 9000-ft Catalinas, the 9500-ft Rincons, the 8000-ft Santa Ritas, and the pyramid-like Tucson Mountains is unmatched scenery visible from just about everywhere in the city. And we're consistently 7-8 degrees cooler than our lowly Phoenix friends, seeing as our elevation is 2800 ft.

Bako??? We traveled through there in July one year and it was literally 125 degrees outside. And nothing but brown flatlands, tumbleweeds, and dust everywhere the eye can see. We pulled into a tire shop on the main drag to replace a trailer tire, and the heavy-set, 65+ year-old, ragged-bearded, hair-every-which-way attendant came out scratching his butt with nothing but his boxers on. I kid you not.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #5
That does sound awesome Kyle….
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6
Dude were you on the wrong side of the 99...
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #7
I will give Kyle that point; Tucson is quite nice.  My wife and I go down there once or twice a year to stay at a resort that is just fantastic as is the climate.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #8
processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs