Skip to main content
Topic: Auk waive two (Read 95 times) previous topic - next topic

Auk waive two

Waivers on Adalberto Mondesi  SS $350,000 INJ  / 2025 and Joey Wentz SP $350,000 / 2025 and if they clear please reassign to the minor leagues.

Anyone - Let me know if my assessment (see below) of this waiver wire strategy rule and strategy is correct and makes sense.   

I didn't fully realize that major league players if cleared waivers could be assigned to the minor league roster.    So IF they somehow start playing well in MLB in 2024 I still would have their rights in this case to their 2025 Mutiny league statistics.    So I guess it is important than to keep a few spots on the minor league roster open at the beginning of the year open for this option.    Come June/July would be the decision time to keep them on the minor league roster for a full year evaluation, cut them to make room for new prospects or even promote them back to the MLB roster (if room) to keep their rights as well.    

Their salary always counts against the cap (unless injured in part) but using the minor league roster does allow a Mutiny league team to keep their rights IF a miracle were to occur and this waived player starts to play ball.    The most likeliest scenario is that this roster shuffle gives me until late June to determine if I wish to keep these players or launch them.     
Bob Miller
The Great Auk

Re: Auk waive two

Reply #1
you nailed it
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #2
That's exactly my strategy as well Bob.  I have Rhys Hoskins down there waiting to see how he returns from his 2023 injury and Lance McCullers who may or may not be done.  But they could help swing 2025 for me if both come back strong.  The one thing I would say that is that relegation works best with a player with a higher salary as it becomes much less likely that they are claimed given the cap hit than someone with a league minimum.

Waived pending a claim.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #3
Be aware, Bob, you may only have up to TWO major league contracted players on your MiL roster at any given time.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #4
Processed in database.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums