Skip to main content
Topic: More Brewers Waivers (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

More Brewers Waivers

The Brewers waive the following...

Alec Burleson (2027, $500K)
Jorge Guzman (2025, $500K)
Luis Severino (2024, $1.5M)

If Burleson and Severino clear waivers they will head down to the minors.  Guzman is released.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Re: More Brewers Waivers

Reply #1
Waived or relegated pending claims.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #2
Arizona Koi claim Alec Burleson  (spelling edit)
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #3
The Brewers will revoke the waiver on Burleson and keep him on the big league roster.
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #4
I didn't think waivers could be revoked. I just read the rulebook and didn't see anything about revoking waivers.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #5
You can't revoke a waiver.  A player either gets claimed or he doesn't in which case they get relegated.  Otherwise there would be no risk to the waiver process.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #6
Well crap...guess I should have double checked.  Is that how it's always been?  I swear that we have been able to do that in the past.  Maybe I'm getting it confused, or maybe I just made it up in my head, but I would not have placed Burleson on waivers knowing that.  Oh well, lesson learned.  Unfortunately, if his spring training is any indication I may being feeling the hurt of this mistake pretty soon!
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #7
I'll put a claim in for Burleson too but I think I'm behind the Koi on the priority list.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #9
Well crap...guess I should have double checked.  Is that how it's always been?  I swear that we have been able to do that in the past.  Maybe I'm getting it confused, or maybe I just made it up in my head, but I would not have placed Burleson on waivers knowing that.  Oh well, lesson learned.  Unfortunately, if his spring training is any indication I may being feeling the hurt of this mistake pretty soon!

Yeah nothing has changed on this one for as long as I can remember.  Waivers are an opportunity to offer a player up for others to take but it's not a free option.  If a player clears waivers, then you do have optionality: (i) rescind the waiver and keep them on your major team; (ii) demote them to minors; or (iii) waive them outright.
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #10
Burlson reassigned to the Koi.

Others released.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League