Skip to main content
Topic: Opening in existing DMB league.- Detroit Tigers (Read 1165 times) previous topic - next topic

Opening in existing DMB league.- Detroit Tigers

Gentlemen,

While it is my hope that MSB offers you everything you need in simulation baseball  O:) I wanted to share the following opening in another DMB league.  I have no personal insight into the league other than working with the commissioner, Mark Blume, in a football league.  He runs a great football league so I would expect a well run baseball league.

Details are below . . . .

Diamond Mind League Seeks a Detroit Tigers Fan
The NSBL Detroit Tigers owner has announced he is not returning in 2018. The team is currently 51-63 and its major league roster includes Jose Altuve, Nick Castellanos, Kyle Seager, Jose Iglesias, Michael Fulmer, James Paxton.

NSBL, started in 2009 as a companion league to DSBL which was started in 1999.  NSBL is unique in the it uses American League players ONLY.  The league also features:
+ a limited player retention format that requires owners to "contract" 12 players at the beginning of the season. All other players are released at the end of the season and go into the following season’s draft.
+ a minor league player system where teams are allowed to protect minor league players in their MLB team’s minor league system.  So the new owner of the team has the ability to keep all MLB Detroit Tiger prospects.
+ usage rules to try to keep game play as close to real MLB as possible.

The website is https://sites.google.com/site/dsblnsbl/home , where you can also find the latest league files if you want to look at the team.

If you are interested please contact Mark Blume, deepflyball@gmail.com, and inform him that you're in MSB.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Re: Opening in existing DMB league.- Detroit Tigers

Reply #1
This sounds like a very unique league. I like leagues that make an owner be creative and think more than just going with the normal flow of what is being done by others.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)