Skip to main content
Topic: HOTN: July 30 (Read 1050 times) previous topic - next topic

HOTN: July 30

HotN:
Rattlers beat the Nomads 13-12 in 12 innings in a game that was batshit crazy (and yes, that is a technical term). Everything was fairly normal to start as the Nomads took a 5-0 lead into the top of the 8th, but that's where things got weird. The Rattlers scored 2 in the 8th and 4 more in the 9th to take a 6-5 lead into the bottom of the 9th. But newly acquired JD Martinez doubled to start the frame and pinch runner (and 2016 World Series hero) Andres Blanco advanced to 3rd on an error and later scored on a wild pitch. So into the 10th we go. The Rattlers scored 5 in the top of the 10th, highlighted by an Edwin Encarnacion 3-run HR. But the Nomads answered with 5 of their own, the big blow a grand slam by Albert Pujols (welcome to the team big guy). So we go to the 11th. The Rattlers plated another run on a bases loaded walk. But again the Nomads answered so we go into the 12th. However, a HR by Duvall to start the 12th ended up being the deciding run.

Matt - I don't know what setting you have for Jeanmar Gomez, but you might want to reconsider it. Gomez pitched 2 innings of relief, allowing 11 baserunners (10 hits and 1 walk). RHB are hitting .909/.846/1.455/2.301 off him. That's umm, not good. He's struck out 2 of the 3 LHB he's faced though, so maybe turn him into a LOOGY? What's really crazy is he did all that damage and didn't get charged with either the blown save (that went to Taylor Rogers) or the loss (that went to Nick Vincent).
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: HOTN: July 28

Reply #1
Barf!!!  Can we go back to the tranquility of draft times where there were no terrible, awful, no good games?

My pen took a hit with all the trades, but Gomez really should be no more than a mop up guy until I find someone better.  The DMB Nomad GM's firing is eminent. 
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
We officially have a GM on the hot seat. What have you done for me lately...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
I meant to say the Manager, but I'll fire the GM's butt too!!!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts