Skip to main content
Topic: HOTN - Aug 17 (Read 949 times) previous topic - next topic

HOTN - Aug 17

HotN:
Cutthroats sweep a key series against the Nomads with a 6-3 win in 15 innings. This game had it all, the Cuttys scored in the 9th (and had bases loaded with Votto at the plate but couldn't get one more) to send it into extra innings. Both teams scored a run in the 14th inning. But Seager hit a 3-run HR in the top of the 15th to put it away. After the sweep the Nomads not only fall behind the Rattlers in the Turner, they also fall behind the Sweets for the final Wild Card spot.

Honorable Mention #1:
Drew Pomeranz nearly missed out on a no hitter for the Cutthroats. He allowed a 1st inning double to Kris Bryant. Otherwise he was perfect as the Cuttys win the nightcap 6-0.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: HOTN - Aug 17

Reply #1
I'd much prefer my wins to come up to my run differential rather than my run differential dropping to match my losses as seems to be occuring dramatically over the last week.  Make it so Rod (aka bringer of games) (aka dealer of jinx related crippling bad luck)!!!

:'(  :'(  :'(
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Re: HOTN - Aug 17

Reply #2
well, you won't like what happened again tonight. I might have seriously jinxed you...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs