Skip to main content
Topic: Sept 12 -18  (Read 746 times) previous topic - next topic

Sept 12 -18

Sept 12
HotN:
Cutthroats win 5-4 over the Cache Hogs to increase their lead in the Barbosa to 7 (magic number down to 14). This game actually went 14 innings and after Trout walked, stole second, and scored on a Reynolds RBI single the Cache Hogs held a 4-3 lead. The Cuttys were literally down to their last strike as Robertson had Rizzo down 0-2 with 2 outs. But Rizzo sent the 3rd pitch over the RF wall for the walkoff win.

Honorable Mention:
Kraken magic number down to 1...

Sept 14
HotN:
The Kraken become the 1st team to clinch a division, and they win in style with a 4-0 with over the ACL's. Fulmer improved to 12-4 as he pitched into the 8th, allowing only 4 hits and 2 walks. On the offensive side they were lead by Upton, who had 2 RBI and hit his 25th HR. Congrats to Dan as he'll represent the Max in the postseason.

Sept 16
HotN:
The Landlubbers beat the Asterisks 3-0 to extend their lead over the Dogs and Asterisks to 3 and 3.5 games respectively in the Montoya. This is really the only race worth monitoring at this point as unless something goes bonkers in the last 15(ish) games the playoff teams are pretty much set. The only thing left to decide is seeding folks. Anyway, Syndergaard propped up his Cy Young chances as he becomes the first 20 game winner in MSB as he improved to 20-4. Jansen picked up his 39th save in as many chances (my jinx failed). 

Sept 18
HotN:
It might be time to recognize the fact that despite my attempts to jinx the Landlubbers, they are probably going to take the Montoya crown as they beat both the Asterisks (6-4 in 11 innings) and my Dogs (6-2) tonight. Their magic number is 11 so they still have some work to do, but they are firmly in the drivers seat.

The other thing I want to point out is something I thought was fascinating. I was curious how our salary structure compares to real-life salaries so I looked at the contracts tab of the roster report. We're spending significantly less than our real-life counterparts. There are teams with over $230 mill in real-life salary and the average Mutiny team is around $173 mill. However, the Landlubbers are the only team under $100 mill (way to bring the curve down for everyone else, sheesh) at just over $96 mill. So not only are they winning, they are doing it with players making almost exactly the same as their real-life counterparts. No one else can make that claim. What does that all mean? I have no idea, I just thought it was very interesting and I wanted to make a 'shout out' to Ann Arbor for pulling it off...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs