Skip to main content
Topic: HOTN - Sept 22 (Read 908 times) previous topic - next topic

HOTN - Sept 22

HotN:
Well boys, it finally happened. As described in my last email my intention was to sim 5-6 games today to help finish out the season (pending a near miraculous comeback in one of the divisional races) and as such I missed this landmark event on the 21st. Had I noticed it right away I would have not simmed the games for the 22nd to make sure it received all the attention it deserves. without further ado, after a ton of near misses (and there were a couple more today by the way) we finally have a no-hitter!!! Carlos Martinez of the Cutthroats had this for a stat line tonight against the Madmen.

Martinez    W 16-4    9    0    0    0    1    4

The only guy who "bothered" him all night was Gillespie who reached via an HBP in the 5th and then walked in the 8th. Martinez only struck out 4 so he got a lot of help from his defense. But either way, a pretty cool accomplishment. Oh yeah, the Cuttys won the game 3-0 and their magic number in the Barbosa is now 1.

There wasn't a noticeable change in the standings so we'll get back to the original plan of fast forwarding the last few games later this week unless something forces me to stop again :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: HOTN - Sept 22

Reply #1
I always feel bad for the team it was against, poor Brian.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers