Skip to main content
Topic: HOTN - Oct 5 - R1, G3 (Read 992 times) previous topic - next topic

HOTN - Oct 5 - R1, G3

Home teams won every game, except 1 - and they almost won, but ran into a one-man wrecking crew...

Highlight of the Night:
Rattlers beat the Cache Hogs 6-5. Neither SP must have gotten enough warm-up pitches before the game or something as the bats were hot to start the game (4-4 heading into the bottom of the 2nd). The settled down from there but the major story line was Nolan Arenado. Arenado went 3-5 with 5 RBI and 3 HR. This gives him 5 HR and 10 RBI already in the postseason. Rattlers up 2-1 in the series.

Honorable Mention:
If you would have told me prior to the start of the playoffs that Kershaw would lose G1, I would have put money on my Dogs being down 3-0 or at least 2-1 to the Landlubbers at this point. But after Fernandez pitched into the 8th allowing only 4 hits while striking out 10, I'm up 2-1. I'll take that :)
Dogs win 6-0 by the way...

Honorable Mention 2:
Both the Asterisks and Sweets must like home cooking as they avoid any potential opening round sweeps with wins in front of the home crowds.
Asterisks win 7-1 over the Kraken
Sweets win 6-2 over the Cutthroats
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Re: HOTN - Oct 5 - R1, G3

Reply #1
Dogs may avoid Jansen and Melancon for the entire series. I've only had 4 pitchers make it to the mound in these three games.
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Re: HOTN - Oct 5 - R1, G3

Reply #2
That would be ideal, but they pitched tonight. It wasn't pretty. Sheesh those guys are good at the end of your bullpen...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs