Skip to main content
Topic: Announcer Nominations (Read 4824 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Announcer Nominations

Reply #16
I'll strongly second the Harwell nomination. With the other Tiger fans in this room, we shouldn't have any trouble getting enough votes to have a division named after Ernie.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #17
I'll strongly second the Harwell nomination. With the other Tiger fans in this room, we shouldn't have any trouble getting enough votes to have a division named after Ernie.
Got my vote!
Brian
Motor City Madmen

Reply #18
I'm seeing a consensus for Harwell and Scully.

Scully; West and South
Harwell: Central and Eastern

Any objections?
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #19
I'm not a Cubs fan (and for the most part I've stayed out of this thread). But any announcer division/conference that doesn't include Harry Caray is flawed. Not saying he was the best by any means, and sometimes he'd be hammered if the game went extra innings. But if you ask the casual fan who their favorite, or most memorable, announcer was he'd be my guess for the top spot.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #21
I'm not a Cubs fan (and for the most part I've stayed out of this thread). But any announcer division/conference that doesn't include Harry Caray is flawed. Not saying he was the best by any means, and sometimes he'd be hammered if the game went extra innings. But if you ask the casual fan who their favorite, or most memorable, announcer was he'd be my guess for the top spot.

I'm with Rod, but I'm also partial. I do like the direction that this is going. If we agree that Vin Scully is the tip of the ice berg, why couldn't the names include the regional division and other announcers?

Scully:  ________________ West and _________________ South

Vin:  Caray Central and Harwell Eastern
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #22
I'm with Rod, but I'm also partial. I do like the direction that this is going. If we agree that Vin Scully is the tip of the ice berg, why couldn't the names include the regional division and other announcers?

Scully:  ________________ West and _________________ South

Vin:  Caray Central and Harwell Eastern
I like this idea.  With Carey and Harwell taken, some other possibilities could be:

Red Barber
Me Allen
Joe Garagiola Sr.
Bob Uecker
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009

Reply #23
Bob Ueker - “just a bit outside, tried for the corner and missed”
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #24
Bob Ueker - “just a bit outside, tried for the corner and missed”
He was priceless in Major League.  Uecker has gotten kind of a bad rap (not really the right phrasing) because of that movie, looked at as more a comedian than an announcer.  I really enjoy listening to him call games though.  He's always been fun to listen to and is quite knowledgeable about the game and his Brewers team in particular.
Brendt Crews
Bako Bums

World Series Champions
SCRUBS Modern Baseball League
Bums - 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016

Mutiny Simulation Baseball League
Spits - 2007, 2009