Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 MLB World Series (Read 1441 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 MLB World Series

I don't know about some of you, being Dodgers or Astros fans in this league, but I'm just ready for some baseball to resume. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching football as well, but baseball is my passion.

Being a fan of the Chicago Cubs, some would think I would be pulling for the National League team and that isn't the case. I think the Astros deserve this one and if they starting pitching and minimize the bullpen, they will win this one. The Astros owner is from the state of Missouri and played college baseball at the University of Central Missouri, formerly Central Missouri State University. This if you didn't know is my alma mater. I embarrassingly didn't watch many baseball games when at school, there was always something else going on.

Most of all I'm writing this to break up some of the chatter and negativity from the expansion thoughts that have been swirling around. Remember, this is for the love of the game.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Re: 2017 MLB World Series

Reply #1
Agreed. I think the Astros take this.
Sorry to all the Dodger Blue out there
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #2
Wrong!
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #3
Either way the World Series goes, a favorite former Tiger gets a well deserved ring. Granderson and Verlander deserve it, just wish it could of happened with the Tigers...which are now a long way from contending for anything besides the first overall pick each June.
Brian
Motor City Madmen

Reply #4
It's only 1 game Matt :)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #5
That "wrong" was out there well before it was even 1 game.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #6
LOL - yes it was. I didn’t notice the time stamp.
Great game though last night. I’ll take 5-6 more like that.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #7
That WAS a great game.  But holy cow, that strike zone was LARGE.  Hoping for an equally exciting game tonight.

And I'm sorry to all you Verlander fans out there, but Rich Hill is gonna bring it.  JV - as much as I love his resurgence story - can't keep this up.  Dodgers hitters just don't chase out of the zone. 

I'd call a sweep, but then I wouldn't get to see Kershaw pitch the winning game.  So I'll say Dodgers in 5!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #8
It was a hell of a game.  I can't believe it finished in 2 hours and 28 minutes.  When was the last time you can remember a playoff game moving so quick?  I certainly can't.

I voted for the Dodgers in 5 at an ESPN poll over the weekend.  I'm sticking with it.
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts