Skip to main content
Topic: CACHE HOGS - Joey Votto - 1B - $19M/2020 (Read 4203 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CACHE HOGS - Joey Votto - 1B

Reply #30
Cache Hogs will go three years ($19M/2020), please.
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Re: CACHE HOGS - Joey Votto - 1B - $19M/2020

Reply #31
Cache Hogs will go three years ($19M/2020), please.

Should be interesting to see how you do with 40% of your budget wrapped up in 2 players (alas, they are the two best hitters in the game). Just hard to pull the trigger on going to $20 million when I had a lot of other needs.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Re: CACHE HOGS - Joey Votto - 1B - $19M/2020

Reply #32

Don't forget Max Scherzer at nearly 19M, so that's almost 60M on 3 guys. The intended budget coming in for Trout/Votto was 30M (12-13M Votto, 17-18M for Trout). Votto was inches away from being had for 11.75M. If Dan could have been busy another 15-20 min or so.... That said, I wasn't sure what the impact of having 20 teams (more money) in the FA pool would have. Turns out it was just you I had to worry about. I blame on realignment.  :)

Anyway, I had plans that will be cut drastically short without the additional cap space, so a lot will be how DMB treats certain players on my team - wide range of outcomes here. Votto was a must for this season. I guess we'll see if that extra 7M spent on him was worth it or not.
Chris
Data City Cache Hogs