Skip to main content
Topic: ACLs - Dexter Fowler - OF - $2.925/2020 (HTD) (Read 2893 times) previous topic - next topic

ACLs - Dexter Fowler - OF - $2.925/2020 (HTD)

Place all bids for Dexter Fowler in this thread.
David
Phoenix Miners

Re: Dexter Fowler - OF

Reply #1
Nomads bid 2M
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #2
Brewers bid $2.25M
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #3
Nomads bid 2.5M
Matt
Mother Lode Argonauts

Reply #4
The ACLs bid $2.75 million on Dexter Fowler.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #5
Brewers bid $3M
Brandon Crews
Grants Pass Brewers

Reply #6
Sorry. 3.25 from the ACLs.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."

Reply #7
Brandon,

Sorry about the late secondness of the bid. I just came back downstairs after putting my son and wife to bed and had to make a quick decision about Fowler or Trout.

Jason
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

Reply #9
Crazy. That might be the closest I’ve ever seen to a bid expiring before getting a raise...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #10
Crazy. That might be the closest I’ve ever seen to a bid expiring before getting a raise...
What was even crazier was the part of the statement regarding trying to decide between Fowler and Trout. Obviously salary puts it in context but it just sounded funny to me out of context.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #11
What was even crazier was the part of the statement regarding trying to decide between Fowler and Trout. Obviously salary puts it in context but it just sounded funny to me out of context.

I wouldn't recommend trying to make a bid so close to the previous bid expiring. :)

As for Trout versus Fowler, it is Fowler and over $17 million to spend elsewhere, or Trout. Trout's great and I might still bid on him, but did need to think about other uses of the money.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

Reply #12
As for Trout versus Fowler, it is Fowler and over $17 million to spend elsewhere, or Trout. Trout's great and I might still bid on him, but did need to think about other uses of the money.
Jason, I totally get the salary difference and it's impact. That's why I said that salaries put the comment into context. I just chuckled when I read "quick decision about Fowler or Trout". Maybe it's just my weird sense of humor.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #13

I'll give Dexter a 3 year contract, and with his home town discount, I'll play him $2.925 million per season. Now I need to figure out where to spend that savings from picking Fowler over Trout. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

Reply #14
David - can you confirm the HTD amount? I'll post the ACL's but before I post the salary I want to confirm the HTD piece (I don't have that in front of me)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs