Skip to main content
Topic: DEVILS - Aaron Altherr - OF - $4.25M/2020 (Read 3797 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Aaron Altherr - OF

Reply #15
OCD bid $4.25M
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #16
4.25m
Ed

Windy City Rattlers

Baseball 365

Reply #17
Am I allowed to bid on Altherr, since I released him last off-season?

Jason, sorry for the delay in responding.  No, you can't bid on your own NROs.

EDIT: Of course, now I notice that Rod answered your question in an email.  Thanks for making me look bad Rod.  "Head in the clouds" Johnson is what they call me...
David
Phoenix Miners

Reply #18

EDIT: Of course, now I notice that Rod answered your question in an email.  Thanks for making me look bad Rod.  "Head in the clouds" Johnson is what they call me...

No problem. After the signing of Altherr, I'll get an extra $1 million in my budget, so it is all cool.

I would suggest though we might want to revisit this topic in the off-season. I think the spirit of the rule was that a team might waive a player before free agency and then try to sign him during next free agency period to a lower value deal. I think if a player is waived and then sits on the market for a year, then the team maybe should be allowed to resign him, especially if the cost is higher. This is just a suggestion for the future and not a complaint about Altherr here.
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #19
I was going to raise the bid, but now I see that the Rattlers didn't actually raise the bid, so I guess I won? 
HGH fka theOCD

Reply #20
No problem. After the signing of Altherr, I'll get an extra $1 million in my budget, so it is all cool.

I would suggest though we might want to revisit this topic in the off-season. I think the spirit of the rule was that a team might waive a player before free agency and then try to sign him during next free agency period to a lower value deal. I think if a player is waived and then sits on the market for a year, then the team maybe should be allowed to resign him, especially if the cost is higher. This is just a suggestion for the future and not a complaint about Altherr here.

Sure - we can add it to next offseason discussion topics
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #21

This has to be a first. Usually I’m the one that says something and then Darrell and/or David has to send out another communication clarifying what I “meant to say”

LOL
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #22
I was going to raise the bid, but now I see that the Rattlers didn't actually raise the bid, so I guess I won? 

That would be correct. The Rattlers bid is invalid.

You want Altherr for 3 years or 2?
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #23
he's in a platoon but young, so three years please. 

That would be correct. The Rattlers bid is invalid.

You want Altherr for 3 years or 2?
HGH fka theOCD