Skip to main content
Topic: ROUGAROU - Manny Pina - C - $3.12M/2019 (Read 6481 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Manny Pina - C

Reply #30
The hope is for Manny Pina to be the last player decided on in this round.

although now I might be fighting with Asterisks on a Catcher in the next round..... see you there?
Craig
Ann Arbor Landlubbers

Reply #31
The hope is for Manny Pina to be the last player decided on in this round.

although now I might be fighting with Asterisks on a Catcher in the next round..... see you there?
Absolutely!
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #32
My point was people get their hopes up and then someone jumps in at the end. I still need catching PA's as well so if I don't get Pino I'll be fighting with you over later catchers.
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner
ATB - XIV (Fishbiscuits); FGD NL - 2016 (Zeros), TOTBL - 2022 (Yankees)

Reply #33
My point was people get their hopes up and then someone jumps in at the end. I still need catching PA's as well so if I don't get Pino I'll be fighting with you over later catchers.
So, just to be clear, you waited until the 24th hour on purpose? 

Edit: I don't want to start a fight here.  It's all good.  Pina at $2.6M... what a weird offseason.

Reply #34
This doesn't look good for those of us that are still looking to get some PAs from catchers in the next round or two. :(
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #35
This doesn't look good for those of us that are still looking to get some PAs from catchers in the next round or two. :(
Before FA started, I had a feeling about this.  The catching market is extremely thin.  Next week should be interesting.

Reply #36
The Pina thread has been hijacked.

I think this year's catcher market is a good example of where 1 year contracts would be helpful. Specifically, I don't like the idea of 1 year contracts in free agency. Part of the fun/challenge with our 2 and 3 year contracts is that we have one "known" year and one or two "unknown" years. If we have 1 year contracts for free agents, an average player with an out of this world season might auction for Mike Trout prices because I know I only need to commit to that one great year.

I would like to see 1 year contracts for guys I would call waiver wire pickups. Once free agency is over, I could pick up something from the scrap pile of players left and sign them to a 1 year contract. It would be a way to fill a need with a crappy catcher (or what ever need you have) for this season without needing to commit long term to the guy.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #37
I actually didn't wait on purpose. Until yesterday I didn't even realize Pina was a catcher. I thought all the catchers were off the board for this week. I picked up my computer after I got my 5 year old to sleep and and started looking at the few folks that were left and realized he was a catcher who I still have never heard outside of the MSB world.
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions
MSB - 2023 (Rougarou); LOB - 2022 (Zeros); ATB - XVII (Zeros); CDBL - 2002, 2001 (Fishbiscuits); CJPL - 2017 (Zeros); NVL - 2010 (Rougarou)

Pennant Winner

Reply #38
I read it as a "can we get back to bidding?" type of post/meme/whatever you call it. 

I actually didn't wait on purpose. Until yesterday I didn't even realize Pina was a catcher. I thought all the catchers were off the board for this week. I picked up my computer after I got my 5 year old to sleep and and started looking at the few folks that were left and realized he was a catcher who I still have never heard outside of the MSB world.
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #39

The ‘- C’ after his name in the Topic wasn’t enough of a clue that he was a catcher?

Hee hee

I also should point out that if you download the league file I created “teams” for each of the nomination weeks. So that way you can see all of the players available each week in one spot. I started doing that last year, but I forgot to remind people of it this year. Better late than never I guess.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #40
Closed to the Rougarou.

$2.6M/2020
or
$3.12M/2019

Re: ROUGAROU - Manny Pina - C

Reply #41
$3.12M/2019
Brian Barnes - Rougarou

World Series Champions

Pennant Winner