Skip to main content
Topic: ESPN Fantasy League (Read 2557 times) previous topic - next topic

ESPN Fantasy League

Just a quick reminder that Rod set up a fantasy league on ESPN and I assume you all got an invitation. Draft is set for Wednesday night so hopefully everyone interested can join and participate.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Re: ESPN Fantasy League

Reply #1
holy crap, didn't know that.  Thanks for posting.  It got filtered into my rarely-viewed baseball folder (go figure).  Will join soon. 

Just a quick reminder that Rod set up a fantasy league on ESPN and I assume you all got an invitation. Draft is set for Wednesday night so hopefully everyone interested can join and participate.
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #2
Thanks - I should have posted it here too.
If someone wants in and didn't get the invite let me know. You should have gotten a couple of them by now. I copy/paste the addresses but I could have done something wrong on that step if you didn't get the invite. Or check your spam.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #3
well boys, that was fun...
I took a snip of the projected standings, we'll see how close the projections are at seasons end

Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #4
Based on Rod's Runs, RBI,s and pitching stats there's going to be a lot of 2-1 games at the ballpark.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #5
Rosters (and auction results)

Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #6
more...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #7
Based on Rod's Runs, RBI,s and pitching stats there's going to be a lot of 2-1 games at the ballpark.

Ha ha, if I get anything out of my batters I'm going to be looking good.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #8
Interesting. So how ESPN is handling Ohtani is he's duplicated on my roster, as both a SP and a DH. However, I can only have him starting in one section. So if I put him at Utility then the Pitcher version of him goes to my bench and he's greyed out until I put the Batter one on my bench (or vice versa).
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #9
I guess that's a league mgr only screen? 
HGH fka theOCD

Disproving the Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball, year after year...

Reply #10
The draft recap is out there for everyone.
The standings snip is only during the draft, once the draft is over it’s gone forever. It just gives you an idea while drafting that hey, maybe I need some more SB or whatever.

Which obviously didn’t don me any good as my batters suck. Spent too much on pitching I guess...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #11
Ha ha, if I get anything out of my batters I'm going to be looking good.

Holy crap - David has a better projected pitching staff than I do. And ESPN hates his batters even more than mine. That’s saying something...
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #12
I missed this which was a disappointment.  I've never participated in fantasy baseball. 

I've looked at the Roto leagues on Fangraphs a couple hundred times and just never pulled the trigger.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Reply #13
Sorry to have missed the draft, everyone.  Heck, I missed most of Opening Day yesterday as well.  Our church website took a dump at the worst time - late in the week when thousands of people are googling where to go to church this Easter weekend.  Unfortunately for me, I actually have experience creating websites, so it was Pastor Kyle to the rescue... on OPENING DAY! And then for the Dodgers to not even score a run in the background of my scrambling in the cyber-mud... I was not  a happy man.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #14
If only my "real" Scurvy Dogs team had this kind of lead in the standings

:)
Rod
Scurvy Dogs