Skip to main content
Topic: ASTERISKS - Seth Lugo - RP - $1.9M/2019 (Read 3346 times) previous topic - next topic

ASTERISKS - Seth Lugo - RP - $1.9M/2019

Place all bids for Seth Lugo here.
Darrell
River City Cutthroats

Re: Seth Lugo - RP

Reply #1
AZ Koi bid 1M
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #2
AZ Koi bid 1M
(by rule, the above edited bid is invalid)
Jim
Arizona Koi

Reply #3
$1.25M
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #4
$1.6M for the Rum Runners.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners
President of Baseball Operations

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS
NABL-AL 2018 (Louisville Bats)

Reply #5
$1.9M

Reply #8
I think he means bidding on the late side, as if to say how does it take nearly 24 hrs to decide you want Seth Lugo. All legal of course, but some are more apt to do it than others...

Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #9
Correct, I guess I could say that directly.

I bid about 2 hours later on the player and then silence for 22 hours, which like Chris said is nearly 24 hours later and close enough that I did think Lugo would be closing. I guess I was wrong and now I'm walking away.

If you are trying to squeeze some money out of me it won't work that way.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS

Reply #10
Wow... Uh, no.  Not trying to squeeze money from anyone.  Dude, it's only $1.9M.  Had a busy weekend, and made a few bids later than usual. 

If you want to see another example of late bidding, check out the Jon Lester thread.  I had him for $8M for 23 hours and 15 mins.  Ended up paying $12M for him.  That's just how it is sometimes with people who have jobs.  I didn't complain - I totally get it.  I suppose I could have apologized for the late bids, but I didn't realize it was that late.

Reply #11
This happens once or twice a FA season where someone gets "upset" at a late bid. Late bids are unfortunate, but with everyone's busy schedules it happens. Additionally sometimes it happens when someone else they thought they were going to sign gets raised (see Carpenter this week, I know for a fact Matt was not expecting a raise on his $9 mill bid, when it did it sent ripples through the rest of the 2b bidding). So there are a variety of reasons why late bids happen.

At the same time I understand and can appreciate the frustration when you're close to signing someone (see Chapman for me yesterday). But I really don't think there was any malicious intent here.
Rod
Scurvy Dogs

Reply #12
I can understand the disappointment of that last minute bid. I had that happen last week with both Colon and Kennedy, but that's part of it. I don't think the GMs are doing it with bad reasons. Sometimes it is that they have gotten busy. Sometimes it is that they see a bargain that they didn't notice at first (this is true on the first day when an early bid is set and then no more action on a player). Sometimes, the plans for another player falls through, and you have to go to plan B or plan C or plan D.

Again, I don't think anyone is trying to screw another GM. In the past, there was a GM in the league who was a royal pain in the butt and he would make last minute bids because he was a jerk (in my opinion, but I think a few other people would agree there). But he isn't in the league, so that's no more.

I just smile, bid the player up if I want them and hope that no more last minute bids come in. :)
Jason
Ankeny ACLs

"I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say 'F#@& you Jobu', I do it myself."
-Pedro Cerrano, Major League

Reply #13
No, I don't think anyone thought anything with ill-intent was in play - no one here is a spite bidder. It's was likely just frustration surfacing. You know how it is. You get a bid in there, no one bids it up for 20+ hours, in your mind you starting forming an attachment to that player with the likelihood they will be on your team. I know I am guilty of it. I start running sims 'with my new toys' before I officially own them, sometimes only to find them gone later shortly after. :-)

Chris
Data City Cache Hogs

Reply #14
Wow... Uh, no.  Not trying to squeeze money from anyone.  Dude, it's only $1.9M.  Had a busy weekend, and made a few bids later than usual. 

If you want to see another example of late bidding, check out the Jon Lester thread.  I had him for $8M for 23 hours and 15 mins.  Ended up paying $12M for him.  That's just how it is sometimes with people who have jobs.  I didn't complain - I totally get it.  I suppose I could have apologized for the late bids, but I didn't realize it was that late.

Just a little frustration leaking out. My budget and roster is nearing the limit. @monsooner , no hard feelings against you with an honest and sincere response.
Brent A. Brown
Chicago Rum Runners

World Series Champions
CJWL - 2017 (Grinders)

LCS