Skip to main content
Topic: ASTERISKS - Seth Lugo - RP - $1.9M/2019 (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Seth Lugo - RP

Reply #15
Wow... Uh, no.  Not trying to squeeze money from anyone.  Dude, it's only $1.9M.  Had a busy weekend, and made a few bids later than usual. 

If you want to see another example of late bidding, check out the Jon Lester thread.  I had him for $8M for 23 hours and 15 mins.  Ended up paying $12M for him.  That's just how it is sometimes with people who have jobs.  I didn't complain - I totally get it.  I suppose I could have apologized for the late bids, but I didn't realize it was that late.

Just a little frustration leaking out. My budget and roster is nearing the limit. @monsooner , no hard feelings against you with an honest and sincere response.
Thanks, Franny.  Honestly, I didn't even see it was that late a bid until you mentioned it.  :)
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Reply #16
I guess my attitude is a bit different than others in the league. Sure, I get as frustrated as anyone when I think I'm going to land a player and he gets bid up late in the process. But there are lots of reasons why it might happen...anywhere from people's busy schedules, changing to plan B or, dare I say it, it could even be strategy. While I wouldn't want to make it a habit...for or against me...I also don't see the need for a GM to have to apologize for a "late bid" that's within the rules of the process.
Dan
Brooklyn Kraken

Reply #17
Pretty sure Lugo is mine.  3 years, please.
Kyle - 2008, 2015, 2019 MSB Champion

Re: ASTERISKS - Seth Lugo - RP - $1.9M/2019

Reply #18
processed in the database
Rod
Scurvy Dogs